Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Season 45 of Survivor begins tomorrow.

I’ve never missed a season, don’t plan on missing this one, but the thing is Big Brother has yet to conclude (I’m rooting for Matt to win) and Amazing Race is waiting in the wings ready to jump into the lineup.

What with Halloween Wars, the Halloween Baking Competition, Cookie Challenge, Outrageous Pumpkins, et al., it’s everything everywhere all at once.

The seniors had yet another food fest hosted by Activity Director today — a Welcome Fall Luncheon.

I wasn’t planning on attending, could not have attended even if I had wanted to because I was scheduled with Nora at 11:00.

Inasmuch as the seniors were being encouraged to "Wear your favorite football team to show who you’re rooting for this football season", had I gone, I’d have worn my Twilight Team Jacob tee, cause that’s the only team shirt I own.

Eleven o’clock with Nora almost didn’t happen.

I’m a punctual person. Actually, always early so as to not inconvenience others. So, arriving 10:50, I checked in, took a seat, and it really chapped my hide when eleven o’clock came and went.

I don’t know if the client she was working on was late, which pushed into my 11:00 but, along about 11:20, I had this urge to just get up and walk out.

Shame to do so, thought I, because I really liked the vibe of the salon, and loved this sign on the salon wall.


I knew that, had I walked out, it would be another salon I can never return to so, desperately in need of a mani/pedi, I forced myself to be patient but, making the decision to be patient only for so long, set the alarm on the phone to 11:30 and, if not called to Nora’s station when the alarm went off, I’d get up, walk out, no explanation.

She called me up at 11:28.

Happy with the work she did, the vibe of the salon, I told myself to not be so annoyed if it happened again which, looking at the popularity of the salon, it will. So, I’ll be prepared for a wait next time with a book to read, because the work she did was worth the wait.


As you can see, done waiting for October 1 — the First of Halloween to get here, I decided yesterday was close enough and put up the front door decorations, and a new header this afternoon.

I’ll probably string the candy corn lights on the patio railing before I take off for the weekend, and return on Monday with only having spider webs and Skully the skeleton to put in place.

BTW, Nori isn’t any older than the other girls in the salon. They’re all about the same age, and are Swifties — fans of Taylor.

It’s a good thing I’m a bit of a Swiftie myself because, along with my favorite country music, they played quite a lot of Taylor in the salon, while speculating she is in fact dating that football player.

All in all, looks like I’ve at last found a nail salon and no longer have to do my own mani/pedis.

The thought did occur to me that, inasmuch as I now know Nora will likely always be running late, that I should arrive late.

Thing with that is, it would be just my luck she'd be running on time the day I showed up late.

I once did just that with a hairdresser who would stay home until I arrived ... on time, have someone from the shop call her to say your client has arrived then, after having me wait, she would leave home, arrive at the shop acting all important and stuff.

Why?

I've no idea, except it pleased her to do so.

When I decided to not play this game with her again, to not book her or return to that salon in the future, I pranced myself in very late.

She was in the salon waiting and looked shitfaced when I walked in saying I was late because I knew she wouldn't be there anyway, would have made me wait.

Too stunned to react, and embarrassed — because the other stylists were smirking at her (they knew what I'd done, why, and enjoyed the drama), she nevertheless did my hair, and that was the last of us.

I bet she learned her lesson, and never tried to play that game again with another client.

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful nails. Could be worn by royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People being late is one thing I cannot stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Others would not appreciate our being late, but don't seem to realize that our time is just as valuable as theirs.

      Delete
  3. WHAT?!?!?! Season 45?!?!?! Didn't anyone pull the plug on that bitch yet? The host must be 101 by now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a good (if busy) nail salon -- your nails certainly look great! Love your new blog header too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was as close as I could get to cowboy boots, LOL.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I wouldn't bet on it. Love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very elegant manicure. You should be a hand model. I must admit I have never even watched a single episode of Survivor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had your lovely beach scene from the bedroom window, and as many exciting places to visit at my fingertip as you, I'd probably not have had to get my fix with these lord of the flies episodes.

      Delete
  7. Taylor is dating our charming Travis Kelce of the KC Chiefs. The town has gone totally bonkers, and his jersey sales are up 400%. The bakeries here have made Swiftie - Kelce cookies and cakes. No sure how their schedules could ever support a long-term relationship. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious how just seeing Taylor with this guy has spawned an entire cottage industry. I googled the cookies/cakes to see what they looked like and learned Travis has a brother. He's going to have to find someone to date that can up his jersey sales, LOL.

      Delete
    2. Travis' brother is Jason and plays for the Eagles, is married with 2 kids. Mama Kelce tries to make all of the games. She was in a motherly dilemma when the Chiefs and Eagles were in the Super Bowl: one kid was gonna lose and the other was gonna win! Even the poorest of people buy those football jerseys at $120 a pop. Our quarterback Patrick Mahomes is the usual star and good friends with Travis. Linda in Kansas (Yep, the Chiefs are in KC, Missouri, but the metro area includes lots of suburbs and KC, Kansas on the "Kansas side" of State Line Road.)

      Delete
  8. Like you I couldn't wait until Oct. 1st either and put some of my interior decor up yesterday. The Young Prince will help me do the exterior since my Skeletons are up high in Storage on shelving requiring The Ladder Of Death. I don't like my Time wasted, we only have a finite amount of it getting shorter all the time. If someone isn't punctual I don't want to do business with them either and if I'm 15 minutes early I consider myself late, I always arrive early and most of the regular places I go know that and take me in earlier if and when they can, so that works out nicely too. I wish I could still get Pedis, but with the Diabetes I shouldn't and can't, so, my Feet look atrocious. The Collagen is helping my Fingernails to where The Family are teasing me about having Cocaine Nails. *LMAO* I want to see how long the Left Index Fingernail will get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're going for nails that grow so long they look like fangs, I have it that you have to beat 42 ft 10.4 in, which is the record.

      Delete
  9. I hate being kept waiting any longer than 10 minutes over unless it's for a doctor. A hairdresser who doesn't bother to leave home until the client shows up is shamelessly stupid if she thinks she can keep clients like that. Some people are always late...like they don't value anyone else's time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hairdresser ended up losing me as a client for sure. And yes, some people don't value anyone else's time. When I was in the dating world, I remember one guy who wanted to take me to lunch, showed up late only to find me already gone. He later whined, "I was only 5 minutes late". LOL. Another was late picking me up for a costume party. He too found me gone, on the road driving my own self to the party, when he arrived.

      Delete