Monday, September 11, 2023

Hot, Muggy, Drama Free

This past weekend went well. I had no contact with, nor did I observe any of the Usual Suspects so, if there was any drama afoot, I did not hear about it.

Notwithstanding today being a sad reminder of 9/11, the week started off well with my getting a promising referral to a nail salon from Trainer’s primo female fighter.

She didn’t know the name of the nail technician. Just said she’s the "older, short, fat one" and really good on pedicures.

Older ladies do tend to give the best pedicures as they deep clean and scrub to the point of almost taking the skin off your bones. However, the younger girls give better manicures. So sounds like it will be a tradeoff — great pedicure, iffy manicure, but we shall see.

I did my own mani/pedi over the weekend, so it will be some time before I check out the salon, but I’ve got a good feeling about this referral.

Of course, I can’t walk in, ask for the "older short fat one" so, when the time comes, hopefully I’ll get eyes on her and can just point, say "that one", LOL.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a massive inspection.

Not the usual local housing department inspection, where management kept the inspectors away from units they didn’t want the inspectors to see, and led them to vacant units in tip top condition.

This time it's the independent body that monitors compliance in order for Corporate, and the complex, to continue to receive whatever State tax deductions they receive.

Supposedly, management has no control over which units are inspected, the inspectors decide, and the inspectors are mostly only here to see that "fixtures" operate properly.

It’s a good thing Assistant Maintenance Guy corrected all the shoddy work Head Maintenance Guy did with my kitchen and bathroom faucets and, with no other problems in this unit, it’s a no problem pass for management if this unit is chosen.

Considering all the problems I’ve heard others have in their units, I’m not so sure. But management is skirring around, covering their arses with notices posted to our doors to "Please confirm that all fixtures are in proper working condition, notify management immediately of any concerns".

So NOW they care.

This sudden caring that fixtures are working properly will last only as long as the inspection and it’s a long inspection — from the 12th through the 20th, 9 Days

No telling what the inspectors will find from hanging around here that long.

The bad thing is that if management loses any tax benefits, they’ll pass their financial loss off onto us with higher rents.

Going to be an interesting nine days.

14 comments:

  1. Sorry it’s still hot and muggy. Glad it’s been drama free. Management clearly sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad thing is, as I've talked with others who either live in senior housing or have relatives living in senior housing, it seems management sucking is the norm.

      Delete
  2. It's annoying that as soon as THEY are being inspected, they rush to fix everything. It's be simpler to keep everything in working order all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, and they must be scared, since they know they haven't kept things in working order, because the notices are marked URGENT!

      Delete
  3. Now's the time to get everything fixed, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad I asked for a "real plumber" and got everything fixed. Had I not, Head Maintenance Guy would have had some explaining to do.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad for these independent party inspections - as it should be. I hope there are no negative ripple effects for y'all.
    I am picturing you going to the nail salon and asking for the old short fat one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be more of these independent inspections and unannounced, so management doesn't have time to hide/cleanup/correct its negligence.

      Delete
  5. And I thought hospital inspections were nerve-wracking. They certainly didn't last for 9 days. Hopefully the inspectors will wear masks, just in case the funny smell happens again! Now, hopefully there's only ONE short, fat, old lady at the nail salon. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been assured that she's the only one that fits that description, but would have been quite the dilemma had I walked in, saw more than one.

      Delete
  6. "Older short fat one..." *LMAOROTF* Can you only imagine having to ask for the Tech that way? *LOL* It can be funny how people describe us, I pretty much know how I'll be described... *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I've been described by the "B" word, and I don't mean "braids" on more than a few occasions. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Princess T and Timmy claim they only have to ask people if they've seen an Old White Hippie with Dreadlocks and EVERYONE knows who they mean... guess I'm the only one? *Bwahahahaha* The Man used to say to people calling me a Bitch, oh, she's not A Bitch, she's THE Bitch and that will be Mrs. Bitch to you... so, don't get confrontational with her, she's just getting warmed up. *Winks*

      Delete
    3. ROFLMAO!!! "old white hippie with dreadlocks". At least you're memorable.

      Delete