Thursday, July 20, 2023

Umbrella Alley

Leaving the craft store in Redlands this morning, I remembered Activity Director, during her class on entertainment for no or low cost, suggested a walking tour through Redland’s Umbrella Alley.

Googling the address, I set the GPS and drove the 2 miles over from the craft store.

Lo and Behold the Alley is around the corner from my new all-female dental office. I’d previously walked right by the Alley a time or two, hadn’t even noticed it.






I dunno. The Alley is cute, but I must admit to being underwhelmed.

I meant to open the Pokémon Go App, check the Alley for interesting/new characters but Redlands was so hot that I forgot all about anything other than a quick tour of the Alley, head back home to my A/C.

Head Maintenance Guy showed up yesterday afternoon with a replacement part for the oven.

It’s beginning to worry me that he’s being so pleasant and accommodating lately.

Maybe HMG is worried that, inasmuch as Assistant Maintence Guy does the better job and is thought of more highly than he (the boss) is, that he'd better step it up to avoid being demoted to the assistant position.

At any rate, hearing him bang and clink around, while I was listening to the television and working on that never ending needlepoint project, I didn’t feel very confident in this — his second time "fixing" the oven. So, when he finished up, once again pronouncing "fixed" I said "I’ll cook something tonight and let you know how it goes".

I'm happy to report he got it right this time.

Amazing what can be done when HMG puts time and effort into it.

So, all is well until whatever else is next to fail.

9 comments:

  1. Umbrella Alley is well done. Needs shops and some variety, but I love it. As for HMG, whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entrances to shops would have made the Alley more interesting.

      Delete
  2. I like those Umbrella Alleys, festive and shady.

    Good that HMG appears to have gotten it right this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there should be more umbrellas and closer together. Glad your oven is fixed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back over the video, I would agree with that. There appears to be rather large gaps between umbrellas here/there.

      Delete
  4. There appear to be many, many unbrellas. It's rather festive with the bright colors but I couldn't help wondering where the customers of those bars or restaurants were. Maybe it was just too hot. Glad your oven is fixed. Even with the heat of summer, sometimes you want to bake something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure but, except for the noisy bar that had an open back door, the alley looked to be the back wall of the other restaurants and bars. There was an opening over by where all the seating was that looked like if you bought something inside, you could walk outside, through that opening to the seating area in the alley.

      Delete
  5. I like the looks of umbrella alley. Just yesterday I saw something done with a similar space where they had kite like things strung between building made of mess that was growing live plants and flowers. And that was truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete