Wednesday, July 5, 2023

So This Happened

Bright and early this morning, a notice was posted to my door — "Please take notice that in accordance with the governing state and local laws and ordinances, that sixty days after service upon you of this notice or beginning September 1, 2023, whichever is later, the terms of your rental agreement from the above-described property are hereby changed as follows. Your monthly rent shall be increase from $$$ per month to $$$$, an increase of $78.00 per month.

What! No Luau? thought I.

Some of you might recall, the blow was softened last year by management distracting us with a luau as the guys were posting notices of an increase to our doors. This year it was just slam bam while the newly installed driveway resurfacing project is melting away.

No matter. I live frugally, so a $78 increase isn’t going to kill me; that is not unless I outlive my retirement funds, become dependent on Social Security which, by that time it’s a good chance the Rethuglicans and Supremes will have overturned the Social Security Act, leaving me to be yet another senior dependent on the county.

Inasmuch as I don’t see a notice on any of the other three doors in my quadrant, nor do I see notices on the four across the way, I think it safe to assume the increase is only affecting those of us on the complex not currently being subsidized by the county, and that I’m the only one of the eight units in this area positioned in the gray area — not rich, limited income, but not poor enough to require assistance.

If the increases go how they went last year, $78 is not the highest jump, there are other residents on the complex even grayer than I.

Oh well.

Another happening, on a brighter note was that, on Friday, Trainer moved me up to a new exercise, more high impact, that he thought my bones would be able to now handle called the Ladder.


Point of the Ladder is to weave one's way through with movements that, in addition to improving speed, agility, quickness, brain function, also strengthen joints, ligaments, tendons.


I huffed and puffed my way through, feeling though a bit slow, tenuous at first, stepped on the ladder more times than I made the in-betweens, but proud of a first try, so posted the vid to my facebook friends.

Yesterday, one of those friends sent me this …


Compared to those guys, I did GREAT.

I can’t stop laughing.

25 comments:

  1. I see what your problem was. You weren't wearing your BOOTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be right, LOL, but the Thai nature of the cave dictates no shoes/boots on the mat areas, very feng shui.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you're a pro compared to those other poor exercisers! What I thought while watching your video is that the steps are like dance steps and you step very lightly, like a dancer! Too bad about the rent increase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because of all the line dancing I did in the past. I just have to step it up, get to where I do the ladder faster.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about the Rent increase. I do get concerned about Pensions not being able to keep pace with inflation running rampant, but, even the working folks are having a hard time keeping up with it. Last August Rents in our area increased by $700 a month which was ridiculous. Now they're overbuilding these enormous luxury apartment complexes and mini Cottage Apartment compounds... I'm wondering whose moving here to afford them all, they must be anticipating mass exodus from other States?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had that conversation with a resident about pensions not keeping pace with the rent increases. She doesn't understand how a limited income senior complex can do this every year. I don't understand either, but it is what it is.

      Delete
  4. Whew! I thought he was gonna have you climbing UP at ladder hung on the wall. Pretty good dancing around the ladder on the floor. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna need a way sturdier ladder if he ever wants me to climb.

      Delete
    2. Oh ... and a net to catch me when I fall.

      Delete
  5. Up the ladder to the roof! Yeah, you hits some rungs, but you really moved! That other video is a riot. Damned rent! You should be rent-free just for the pleasure of your company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's right. Management should pay ME for living here, ROFLMAO!

      Delete
  6. You did really well. The black lines on the floor can't have helped though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too busy concentrating, trying to get to the in-betweens without losing my balance or tripping on my own two feet, to notice the floor lines.

      Delete
  7. Not even a wedge of pineapple with that increase??? Rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheap asses. At least with got tiki cups last year.

      Delete
  8. My right one $50 last year but the year before that it had gone up $300 so I will gladly pay the $50 increase hopefully this year it's only another $50. I think you did pretty well considering what I saw in that second video that was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours used to go up $20 annually. Last year was a huge jump, this year another huge jump. I guess we should be prepared for another huge jump next year, so on and so forth. An outrageous $300 jump, like they did you last year, would kill us all.

      Delete
  9. The ladder looked like it was on the bottom of a swimming pool. I thought, this could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inasmuch as I can't swim, the ladder at the bottom of a pool would have been more than interesting, would have been deadly.

      Delete
  10. With the price of everything else going up lately, increasing rent never seems very fair. Those guys were pretty funny - you did really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I though my performance was just so so, that is until I saw the other video. They made me look good, can't stop laughing.

      Delete
  11. That ladder exercise looks like fall-and-break-bones accident waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So now I'm wondering if that has ever happened. I myself am actually getting better at it, less tenuous.

      Delete
  12. I'm so uncoordinated I'd probably fall down if I tried to do that ladder exercise! Seriously!

    Sorry about the rent increase. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you'd be like those in the other video, LOL.

      Delete