Friday, June 9, 2023

THIS

Guess I spoke too soon when I yesterday blogged that Red Light had lost interest in bugging me for photos because, as I was dressing for this morning’s workout, I received this.


I should have changed that last part from "What do you do with them when I send to you" to "Why do you need me to do that?", but I didn't take time to think my reply through.

Receiving no immediate response, as I continued to dress, I began smiling.

Why do I always do that (smile) when I know I’ve called someone on their bull crap and sense their emotional upset?

It’s kind of sadistic of me, and I could almost see Red Light squirming around, trying to come up with a good reason for why she needed the photos.

I guess she’s still trying to come up with an answer because, after this morning’s workout, I changed clothes, headed for bingo in the Community Room, arriving once again before Hell on Wheels could claim my preferred seat.

Red Light said nothing about the message she’d sent, nor reply in person, did not even remind me to send the photos I was taking at the time. So, unless and until she comes up with a good reason, she won’t be getting the photos from last week she requested, nor will she get the ones I took today.

Probably not even if she does manufacture a reason, as she can get what she wants from the website.

Stay tuned for the next installment of Boots and Braids pissing folks off where viewers learn if Red Light ever responded, how she responded, how close Red Light is to getting on Shirley's last nerve and being told to take and post the photos her damn self.

Today was my lucky day, as I won a game early on and chose a wooden backscratcher.

What made me choose that item from the prize table was, night before last, as I got in bed, my back began to itch. I couldn’t reach the spot that itched with my hand, so I reached over, got the knife I keep on the nightstand for protection, scratched my back with it while hoping I didn’t accidentally stab myself.

I took my button jar but didn't have to use buttons today because one of the Baker's daughters, here on vacation from Florida, attended the last bingo, saw we almost ran out of supplies and left us a gift before she returned to DeSantis country — two bags of chips she ordered off Amazon.

Heading back to my unit after bingo, I stopped by the mail center and ran into the guy that moved into the bad energy unit.

"How are things going. How do you like living here?" asked I.

"It's very quiet", said he.

Quiet is good. Means items inside are not levitating on their own or, like I last said, maybe he's not yet noticed.

16 comments:

  1. I have a friend who doesn't know how to take pictures off a website and save them. Maybe Red Light is the same ... or maybe she's lazy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That a possibility. If she ever responds, I'll ask if she doesn't know how to grab them off the site and teach her.

      Delete
  2. A good backscratcher is a NECESSITY! Glad you've got one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forks, Knives, I'm not fancy ... never knew I needed a real backscratcher until I saw it.

      Delete
  3. "It’s kind of sadistic of me"
    One of the many reasons I think you're a fun gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need once of those telescoping backscratchers. But glad you got a wooden one off the table. I would have stabbed myself with that knife. Maybe RedLight needs a lesson in taking photos from a website — your next mission, should you choose to accept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I think about it, the problem may be she doesn't know how. So, even though she hasn't replied, I'll follow up ... ask if she managed to capture the photos off the website or if she needs me to show her how, but that I'm still curious why she needs them.

      Delete
  5. I got a telescoping back scratches you can clip to your shirt pocket. Not that I do that but it's really cool...and long!

    If Red Light tells you she doesn't know how to pull photos off the website, if I was you I'd show/tell her how to do it. It would save time in the long run. I'd hate being obligated to send her photos every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of a telescoping back scratcher, looked it up and the claws look more dangerous than the forks and knives I've been using.

      Delete
  6. Baker and her family seem the generous sort, how nice that the daughter thought to send chips! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't blame you for the Smiling when you know you've put someone back in their own Lane and called them out, when someone aggravates me, well, I can't help myself either. Congrats on winning the Back Scratcher, they are invaluable... I recently bought a Vintage one that has a Tortoiseshell Hand for Scratching and Shoehorn on the other end of it, Bamboo in the Center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So of course my back hasn't itched since I got the backscratcher.

      Delete
  8. Like you said, he could be one of those people who don't pick up on the "vibrations". I'd like to turn my sister's off since she picks up from so many places. Luckily, it doesn't scare her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a blessing, a curse and can be exhausting.

      Delete