Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Mouse Trap, Part 2

Meat Man escaped the trap Homegirl and I planned in the Community Room.

He didn’t show during the class.

I didn’t want to stick around for bingo, so Homegirl and I exchanged telephone numbers. She’ll call me to come down when next she encounters her stalker.

We don’t have a script. We just want to see the look on his face when he sees both of us together and realizes we’ve been sharing stories about his unsuccessful gameplay.

The class on entertainment for no or low cost was kinda interesting. Activity Director is going to send me an application for a program that enables me to "cut the cable cord and get your movies and TV shows from Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime" at less than what I’m currently paying for cable.

Inasmuch as cable/internet is costing me $210.97 monthly, I’m open to possibly losing some of my favorite cable shows if the difference in price is worth it.

Other suggestions for free entertainment were "Take a free class at your local gardening center or craft store; Check out reduced cost movies at a theatre; Visit local museums on their monthly free museum days; Take a walking tour of your area with friends".

Saying I’d be up for a walking tour, because I need to get back to training but it’s no longer safe to walk this neighborhood, Activity Director directed me to Redland’s Umbrella Alley.


Evidently, alleys decorated with hundreds of multicolor umbrellas (450 here), to block the sun’s rays, is a thing word wide.

I dunno. The alley doesn't look long enough to provide much walking exercise and, the last time I encountered an alley, the smell of urine turned me away from the business I was heading for.

Also, last time I was in Redlands — which is considered a premier area, there were more unhoused people on the streets than we have around here.

Consequently, I won’t be making a special trip to check it out. However, next time I’m at the craft store in that area, I might take a looksee.

Inasmuch as the wildflowers on the patio are surviving the hot dry weather, but there’s no signs of life from the hot peppers and tomato seeds, a free class at the gardening center is a good idea.

I'm leaving the radishes to do as they will until I get around to digging them up and restarting in a larger pot, less seeds.

10 comments:

  1. Meat Man had a lucky escape . . . FOR NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meat Man doesn't know what he missed. That session with Activity Director actually sounds worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut cable quite a while ago. I was paying $300 a month for cable but not I have Amazon Prime which also has Paramount Plus (My daughter signed up for it) and we have Netflix. Much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW $300! and I thought the $210 I was paying was a lot.

      Delete
  4. Love the umbrella alley. I've seen how several "good deals" swindled patients' families with fancy TV plans. I just have the $40 square plastic antenna in my window. I get local stuff, PBS, and the old corny shows. 11am for The Waltons is fine history. Yep, try a garden class. Sometimes community centers have good low-cost stuff to do. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully plan to look at the plan AD is suggesting inside, out, upside down, right side up, and compare prices.

      Delete
  5. Meat Man's Luck may just run out... double teaming him should be fun.

    ReplyDelete