Monday, June 19, 2023

Say It With Your Chest


Trainer accused me of trying to get him cancelled — always coming in with edgy messages on my chest, like the anti-No. 45 shirt, a Straight Outta Compton shirt, and now Blackity Black.

Wait until he sees the "Drag Is Not a Crime" tee, I plan to make and wear at Long Beach Pride — that is if I decide I have the energy to attend the 2-day festival and parade.

Trainer himself was kinda sorta paying homage to Juneteenth with a tat commemorating the birth of his daughter, which date happens to coincide with the now federal holiday.


Google went all out with raised fists marching across the home screen and confetti drops, which led to the most celebrating I did today, which was to entertain myself by clicking on the flag icon, watch the confetti drop over and over and over.


Doesn’t take much to captivate me.

Other than that, it’s just another Monday as I contemplate if I really need to get the car serviced on Thursday.

According to the manual, regular service should be every 10,000 miles BUT inasmuch as I’m driving just a little over 2,000 miles per year, I’m guessing it’s best to get service based on an annual basis regardless of miles.

Sitting in the dealer’s waiting room is a pain no matter how I look at it, but at least it will give me down time to get back to the Walter Mosley’s book I’ve not yet had time to finish, exciting a read though it is.

If the wait is long, I might finish Every Man’s a King and start on my next read — The In-Between (unforgettable encounters during life’s final moments by Hadley Viahos, RN).

19 comments:

  1. Here, the management of the independent living building celebrated by showing a documentary about Juneteenth and the dining room served fried chicken, mac and cheese and collards greens. Not so bad for a federal holiday just two years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too drive very few miles any more so I do a spring service to get the air conditioning ready for summer and a late fall service to make sure antifreeze levels are good. It gives the mechanic a chance to look over everything too. Of course, that didn't pan out too well this spring as my car didn't make it for the road trip we had planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read on your blog that you'd had the car serviced for the trip and it broke down. Bummer, but you carried on with your plans like a trooper. I should be happy that, with the Jeep, I only have to do this once a year. It was every six months with my last car.

      Delete
  3. I love these kinds of tee shirts to make a message with. As the late great Mae West said- "Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last photo on your blog, the one with the guy wearing the tee shirt, he and I can be tee shirt buddies. Travel the world shocking folks out of their stupor.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Debra; I love your wordy shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your T-shirts and this is a fave. You can still just type Juneteenth in a Google search today (the 20th) and have the same confetti celebration. It's addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is addictive, isn't it, and now everyone who reads this is going to search and get in on the fun, LOL.

      Delete
  6. I like your Tee and Trainer's Arm Tats.

    ReplyDelete