Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Knock Knock


She’s baaack.

As I pulled into my parking space, returning from this morning’s workout, I saw Talker had just pulled in, was removing stuff from her front passenger side and that my Little Stalker was peeking from around the rear of Talker’s car, watching me pull in.

She couldn’t jump out and surprise or scare me — like the time she once did when she knocked then hid in a corner on the porch, because I’d already seen her, said "I see you", so she ran over, gave me a hug and asked "Can I come to your house?".

Changing the conversation, I offered "I don’t have any treats for you. I didn’t know you were going to be here".

It was then I noticed the cast on her arm.

"Broken" said Talker.

Visiting San Diego Wild Animal Park with family, Talker included, she fell. Noone felt anything serious happened, other than a little boo boo, until Little Stalker said, "I think I broke it", whereupon park medics were summoned.

There was a big to-do after that and though the park was not at fault or blamed for a child tripping over her own feet, tickets were refunded, parking fees were refunded, and Little Stalker was given a $50 toy.

At the end of Talker’s recounting the broken arm story, Little Stalker once again asked, "Can I come to your house" but this time gave me the business with an imploring look and "Can I come to your house … Pleease!?".

"No honey. I’ve got things to do".

If Little Stalker is going to be here for any length of time — to the end of the week and bingo day, I’m guessing there’s no way grandma is going to keep her from knock knock knocking on my door.

Inasmuch as I have no treats on hand, I may have to share my See’s chocolates with her, LOL.

Not too long ago, a commentor — who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are and I know who are, came for me with "Children are good at knowing when someone doesn’t like them. You’re a good faker".

I deleted the comment because I can and because it was judgmental bullshit, but I do agree that children and animals are good at ferreting out what's below the surface.

Which should have been commenter's first clue that perhaps something might be wrong with the commenter herself, rather than with me.

Consequently, inasmuch as my Little Stalker is always happy to see me, hugs me, wants to spend time with me — even though I’ve made no bones about not wanting a man, woman, child, neighbor knocking at my door bothering me, Little Stalker is evidently a better judge. Senses what commenter, with her surface understanding, lack of depth and judgmental state of being can sense.

On tap for remainder of day is trying out a no-rice sushi recipe.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She's the miracle child that fell two stories from a balcony with no injury saying it was because "Jesus catch me". Surprising her guardian angel let her break an arm this time, but she'll be fine, she's young, will heal fast.

      Delete
  2. Little Stalker made out fine with the Arm Injury at the Zoo, that was kind of them to do so much even tho' it wasn't their fault in any way, but, people can be so litigious these days perhaps they were erring on the side of Caution just in case? *LOL* A Negative Commenter being Snarky, you should delete them, I usually mark them as Spam. *ha ha ha* Kids and Animals do have a sense of someone's Spirit and if they truly like you it's not becoz you have to suck up to them and dote on them or patronize them. Often I've noticed that Kids and Animals seem to prefer and respect Adult Humans keeping it Real with them. I'm a very strict Adult with very firm Boundaries and yet Kids and Animals always LIKE me, even tho' I'm not one of those Adults who fawns over every Kid and Animal that I see. I think you hit it Spot On that Little Stalker is a better Judge of Character than Neg Commenter probably is... Kids are more perceptive than most Adults give them Credit for. I've had very Young ones say the most Profound things at times that is very Deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of people being litigious, my first thought was a litigious one as I suggested they should have said a wild animal got out, chased her, made her fall, then sue and collect and yes, it's been my experience that keeping it real is like a magnet, appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Kids need to learn boundaries early on. An important lesson in life. Some never do. I'm sure you see the end result of older folks who are very lacking in this area. Setting boundaries is not being mean. My stomach rolls when I see adults' pawn all over kids and let them do as they please. Budding Republicans. LOL! Be nice. Be firm. Be consistent. Whip out a treat every now and then. Glad you deleted the bullshit poster. Who needs them! Move on!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently heard a conversation at the Pain Cave where Trainers elite athletes were discussing where their friends, who had been spoiled, given everything they ever asked for and wanted from parents, no boundaries, no consequences for their actions are now messed up on illegal substances, have no direction in life, accomplishing nothing, some are even dead.

      Delete
  4. Be assured Little Stalker has been encouraged to be a pest by the Grandmother. Not sure she'll ever learn to undo that behavior. Good to keep your personal boundaries. Maybe they'll both stay away if you write on her cast: something from all of your worthy causes and several pro-Democrat lines, eh? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you infer, a precedence has been set. Being the only girl, she's been the center of that entire family's attention since birth, catered to, given what she wants. It follows for her to be around all us seniors, focus in on those of us she wants in her sphere, and expect the same catered to treatment.

      Delete
  5. If I ever break my arm, I’m going to do so at the San Diego Zoo. I want a $50 toy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww poor kid. Cute picture though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her running around today as I was driving out, so the arm doesn't seem a bother to her.

      Delete
  7. Free zoo trip, plus a $50 toy. Not too shabby! She looks none the worse for wear and happy to see you. I notice she's wearing a pair of cute boots. She knows her audience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. She does know her audience. I feel sorry for the guy who falls in love with her. He'd better be able to afford and cater to her every whim.

      Delete
  8. So are YOU heading to the zoo to break something?

    ReplyDelete