Thursday, June 8, 2023

A Real Plumber

I think I ruined Head Maintenance Guy’s day. I haven’t actually seen him but, because I empath, I can feel he’s pissed off.

What’s worse …. every time I feel his upset, I smile.

What happened was, I put in a workorder yesterday for that leaky kitchen faucet and bathroom sink that HMG had quickly macgyvered up and pronounced "fixed".

What HMG is pissed over is the fact that, in the workorder, I asked for a "real plumber".

I submitted the work order at 1:30 yesterday and inasmuch as a resident recently complained to me there’d been no action on a workorder she’d submitted almost a month ago, I wasn’t holding my breath.

Color me surprised at a knock on the door around 2:00 today. It was Assistant Maintenance Guy.

I greeted him with, "So, you’re the real plumber I requested?"

"I’m A plumber", said he with a slight grin, which tells me the wording on that workorder was discussed and he'd gotten a kick out of it.

"Good, because I’ve had it with your boy", said I.

Keep in mind, the AMG is older than the HMG.

It makes no sense, but the inept HMG is AMG's boss, so my referring to HMG as AMG’s "boy" is a further insult.

Everyone in the office is super careful about what they say, because they want to keep their jobs, so he probably won’t tell HMG I referred to him as "boy", but I’m sure AMG gets that us residents don’t think too highly of his boss and probably enjoyed the dig.

So, anyway, he solved the issue with the bathroom sink and put in an order for a new kitchen fixture, as the old one is falling apart said he.

That fixture is yet another, in a long line of cheapies that have since fallen apart and had to be replaced when management did that so-called $3.2 million in renovations.

The refrigerator has been replaced, the stove has been replaced, and may have to be replaced again as I can tell the timing thing is about to go out on the oven.

So, anyway, HMG and I have had issues in the past that had him cutting his eyes at me when we passed each other out and about.

Over the years, it’s been two steps forward as we’d gotten to the point where we speak to each other but my asking for a "real plumber" is sure to send us two steps back.

Fine by me.

BTW, Red Light never did ask me to forward photos from the Memorial Day BBQ or last week’s bingo, thereby robbing me of the opportunity to say "no" and ask why she needed them, but her no longer requesting tells me she didn’t do anything with those she previously bugged me for, didn’t need them, it was just a power play.

19 comments:

  1. So nice you got “a” plumber this time. What a management team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This:
    "every time I feel his upset, I smile."
    Killed me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good maintenance guy is worth his weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HMG should have had to pass a test before being hired.

      Delete
  4. Two weeks ago we had A plumbing TEAM at our house for our kitchen sink. Of course, since it's our house, we can choose our plumber and so pick one of the best in the city. I think they sent two because one is a trainee who is being shown how to do things the RIGHT way. Not only did they fix the sink but also cleaned out the hot water closet and drained the hot water heater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed that AMG follows through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd better. Being lied to is a huge pet peeve with me. A felony.

      Delete
  6. I can completely understand wanting someone who knows what they're doing to fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially since HMG had soooooo many opportunities to do a proper fix.

      Delete
  7. "A REAL Plumber" - HA! Tell it like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope HMG gets canned and the plumber gets his job!
    BTW I saw someone here ( Bellingham WA) who looked SO like you today. I wish I'd had the nerve to ask if she knew of your blog! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, I have no relatives in Bellingham, but who knows. Maybe a doppelganger.

      Delete
  9. You are delightfully Wicked Shirley. *LMAO* Asking for a 'Real' Plumber, I almost snorted my Sweet Tea. *Bwahahahaha*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about those "fast" fixes. My maintenance guy who I love now knows I will call him back when those fixes don't work. Speaking of which, I feel so sorry for him. With this heatwave and the high cost of electricity everyone is putting in requests for A/C repairs or checks. Most of the AC units on my side are up on the roof so to do repairs they have to climb up or down a three-story step ladder. I have barely left my apartment for the last two weeks and every time I see him I ask if he needs a bottle of cold water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having had my A/C go out in triple digit heat AND stay off for 15 days because ... Head Maintenance Guy is a lazy idiot, I now get anxious every year around this time because no one checks our A/C's, but they will now send in an expert right away (not HMG) if it goes out. Crossing my fingers.

      Delete