Friday, June 23, 2023

Junk in the Trunk

Today started off with a telephone call from Talker.

"Be careful heading out this morning. There’s a man sleeping in a corner by the dumpster".

It was just yesterday when I saw an unhoused woman living on the sidewalk across the street from the complex and thought to myself there but for the Grace of God go I and realized that, ever since the City chased the unhoused from their campsite on the hill where the Hilltop Restaurant used to be, that I was seeing more and more setting up tents, cots, living on the sidewalk along the main thoroughfare, getting closer and closer to surrounding the complex.


Now they’re inside.

I'd already concluded someone was sleeping in the parking area, because a resident found men’s belongings piled on top of the car belonging to my downstairs neighbor — let’s call downstairs neighbor Cra Cra, and human feces was spotted nearby.

As Talker and I were discussing what she’d seen, what I’d previously heard, in the background of the call I could hear my Little Stalker pestering Talker, "Let me talk to her. I want to talk to her".

They were in the car, on their way to the medical center to get Stalker's cast cut off.

"You’ll see her at bingo", I heard Talker say.

Oh, great, thought I. What would really make my day would be if if R, who hates children and the Black Witch — the woman who tried to bully me but hasn’t been back to bingo since I told her I was going to put a curse on her, all showed up today.

Guess what?

Bingo was a trifecta … all showed up.

Surprise, surprise, everyone behaved.

Today is June 23, 2023. Maybe two 23's is magical.

Little Stalker gave me a hug, which oddly was followed by a sharp thump thump thump pain in my forehead, that I took as the beginning of a headache. The pain subsided when Little Stalker returned to sit at the table with grandma Talker and Talker’s new BFF.

There was a WOW moment when instead of getting up, announcing to the room "There’s a child in here, so I’m leaving!", R instead called Little Stalker over to her table, gave her a hug.

There was one awkward moment when, in the middle of a game, Hell on Wheels look accusingly at the table next to her and shouted, "STOP HUMMING!"

Folks at that table pointed to Little Stalker and said, "It’s the baby", whereupon HOW calmed down and Little Stalker kept humming whatever song was going through her head that had so disturbed HOW.

BTW, I once again beat HOW to my preferred seat, but learned I hadn’t needed to rush. Her wheelchair needs repair, is not currently operational on its own. She had to wait until someone walked over to her unit and pushed the chair to the room.

The Black Witch sat on the opposite side of the room, away from me and word is she’s moving out end of month to go live with her daughter.

WOO HOO!

So all in all, it’s been a good day, a lucky day — Black Witch is moving, HOW couldn't race me to the seat, and I won Game 3.

While at bingo, I got an update on Meat Man who, just days ago, was blowing kisses at me.

Homegirl tells me that on Tuesday, she was in the Community Room with Red Light and others attending Activity Director’s craft session when in walks Meat Man.

My first reaction was, "WHAT!? He never comes to the room on a craft day. Girl, he is after you".

"Well, I ignored him".

So, what Meat Man did was to sit down and engage Red Light in conversation.

Red Light had never seen him before, thought him "charming" (he absolutely can be) had no idea it was the scoundrel that had tried to date me, has been drooling all over Homegirl and to me, what he was doing was his way of messing with Homegirl in a manner where she can't actually say he's done anything, give her reason to complain or file for a restraining order.

A kind of gaslighting?

I'm not doing what you think I'm doing kinda thing?

Though Homegirl continued to ignore him, Meat Man eventually turned his attention to her, said something to the effect that she should be nicer, friendlier because, after all, "I'm engaged".

Last time he was inferring her misunderstanding his intent with, "You know I have a girlfriend". Now it's "I'm engaged".

I told Homegirl that I really like Meat Man, he’s funny, entertaining, and I'm way ahead of him — know who he is, what he's about, and the type he is loves when you're mean, dismissal, that the meaner you are to him, the more he’s seeing her as a challenge with no plans to stop until he wins the game.

She replied with words involving weapons and violence against Meat Man.

From the look on her face when she said what she said, I think Meat Man is pushing the wrong buttons, playing with fire.

Inasmuch as Meat Man approaches me way different, and better, than how he approaches Homegirl, I can only attribute his lunacy to the junk in her trunk — some guys lose their minds over brick houses — sistas with big boobs, wide hips, firm rounded behind.



12 comments:

  1. Little Stalker is learning A LOT! Might need to take your mace down to the gatherings, eh? Such funky folks. Reminds me of the bar scene in Star Wars! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to view Star Wars again, refresh on what the bar scene was all about.

      Delete
  2. Yes, what an eventful day! Plus you won a bingo game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I chose a door hanger from the prize table that has a 4th of July Gnome with the words "Gnome of the Brave".

      Delete
  3. You won again! Meat Man needs to back off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing Homegirl attends the Tuesday sessions and Meat Man will be looking to find her there, I may have to try to catch him in the act, shame him off her back.

      Delete
  4. Whenever I see homeless people I, too, say "By the grace of God." It's a national shame. I'm so glad we don't have any guys living in my complex that have too much testosterone. In the latest season of Grey's Anatomy a guy was spreading VD around a senior community, I can see how that could happen after reading about Meat Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the unhoused saddens me. In addition to realizing how, but for the Grace of God, I could have ended up that way, I always think "This used to be somebody's baby" and wonder how they ended up thusly. VD around a senior community? It definitely could happen if us girls weren't smart enough to say NO and mean it.

      Delete
  5. There is never a dull moment in your life there! Is that Homegirl in the last two photos? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The folks around here never fail to entertain and yes, that's the bod Meat Man is after.

      Delete