Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Hump Day

Riding on a high, after the successful Memorial Day BBQ she spearheaded, Red Light is already planning for a 4th of July BBQ.

She’ll probably call on me for a flyer, hopefully not at the last minute but, just in case, I’ll be proactive — set up a template so all I’ll have to do is plug in the time.

Now embolden by residents thanking her for putting the BBQ together, thanking her for "all you do for the community", Red Light yesterday sent a group text urging residents to call Corporate, urge others to also call (she included the Corporate Office’s telephone number), put pressure on them to make the Community Room available to us on the 4th, so we won’t have to be in the sun.

Well good luck with that.

I don’t care, so I’ll have none of it.

I don’t think Corporate cares either, but we shall see.

Last Friday’s bingo game was rescheduled to today so, after this morning workout, I had to hightail it to the Community Room, grab my preferred seat before Hell on Wheels got to it first.

I won again. After which the room filled up quickly with the usual suspects and quite a few newbies so that, by the time HOW arrived, there was very little seating remaining. She managed to squeeze in at the kid table.

I say "kid table" because a regular, sitting at that table, brought her two cute little granddaughters.

HOW must not have been too pleased with where she had to sit because she left early.

Not only has bingo gotten so big that we were running out of space, we ran out of chips. Some had to use beans.

While digging through containers in the patio storage area last month (I forget what I was looking for), I ran across my old button jar.

Good thing I decided to not put the jar back into storage, because I can start using these buttons to cover my numbers in future, let everyone else hassle for chips, buy or bring their own.


After a long long long long dry spell and multiple times I only needed one number to win, I won the big one today — the Blackout Game where I got to pick from the table housing the more expensive items.

Not seeing anything I wanted, I chose something I needed from the regular table — dish washing clothes.

Not a bad end to the last day of the month.

By the way. Red Light did not text me a reminder to send her photos from the Memorial Day BBQ. I wasn't gonna anyway.

Now, I'm waiting to see if I get a reminder to send her today's bingo photos, which I will not. Instead, I'll ask why she needs them, what she does with them, why she can't pull from the website.

10 comments:

  1. Glad that your bingo mojo is back! Buttons make perfect bingo markers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With those buttons, your BINGO cards will be best in show... and the winningest, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be magic if I began using buttons and a winning streak ensued.

      Delete
  3. It seems you have Red Light figured out and all is under control. Well done. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a bit to figure her out, but I now know how she operates.

      Delete
  4. Good idea to use the buttons. I love bingo but don't go very often, we use dabbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of the ladies choose to work with dabbers and bingo paper they order for themselves from Amazon.

      Delete
  5. Corporate may not want to pay for the A/C in the community room on July 4! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or overtime for one of the two office workers who live here, directly over the office and Community Room, for what little time it will take to unlock and then lock back up the Room.

      Delete