Thursday, May 11, 2023

Who’s on First, Part 2

Heading out to the dumpster around 12:30 this afternoon, I saw yet again that our paving crew is awol.

They did suddenly reappear on Tuesday, after that mysterious absence of three/four days, worked at a remarkable pace, covered a lot of ground — paved the back of the complex, right side and right front areas and, amazingly, paved the front entry area.

The project was to have been completed yesterday morning, with only that morning set aside for "sealing/striping" because all areas were to have been paved by then, except they were not and the crew was once again no-shows.

I don’t have to worry about moving my car any longer as they got to me on Tuesday, as I surmised they would when I saw how fast and furious they were working and had proactively moved my car out of the way. However, I just talked to another resident who’d one morning got awakened early, by a neighbor, to move his car, as the crew had shown up and his car was in the work area. "How was I to know" said he inasmuch as nothing has been according to schedule, but said he was grateful to be alerted before a tow was called in.

My guess is, that in the chaos, an assist by a neighbor happened to more than a few residents.

As of this morning, there is still the left side and left front areas to be paved, so I’m guessing that, when I head out for tomorrow's workout, I’ll see the crew present and rushing to finish what’s left to be done before the weekend; but who knows as evidently they’re being paid by the job and not by the hour.

At any rate, I feel comfortable enough to cancel my car storage cube — with 17 days remaining, before I get charged for another month.

All this start, stop, showing up, disappearing, paving at warp speed to make up for lost time begs the question of work quality. Should it look like this?


In other news, while out and about a few days ago, I met the resident that moved into the upstairs across-the-quad corner unit — the bad energy unit. He was on the walkway coming in as I was going out, so I didn’t get to converse with him, ask him how he liked his unit, etc. I just introduced myself and welcomed him to the quad. He seems a personable enough little fellow, no physical ailments insofar as I can see, so I guess so far so good for him.

I’m not convinced there’s not something weird going on with that unit, so I’ll continue to keep quiet about what I’ve seen and continue to observe.

And now this just in ...

Oh please do it. Sue him again.

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, that new pavement looks kind of rough and patchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That CNN Town Hall was brilliant from a standpoint of luring him in to hang himself and pull the noose tighter from a Legal Liability standpoint and show those not of the Lunatic Fringe that he's still very much a threat to the Nation. That said, his rabid Supporters were overjoyed at all the disgusting tripling down on every controversial thing he's ever said and done before and that decent people find abhorrent. This makes me realize, a fair swath of our population is no better than him and elevates such lowlife behavior and criminal activity, they will support him and justify anything he says or does becoz they are just like him in actuality. Now we know... it's hard to watch, but every American should watch it and acknowledge it. Not pretend people like him don't exist and that people who support him don't exist in our midst. This Nation is in definite Crisis like never before in my Lifetime. That paving looks 3rd rate... probably went to the lowest bidder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But did he really hang himself? We all know who and what he is, but it doesn't seem to matter where it counts. He's like the Teflon Don and a runaway trail. Nothing sticks and can't seem to slow him down. Time for me to stick more needles in that Voodoo Doll.

      Delete
  3. Maybe the pavers had to watch the Town Hall? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or out buying Mother's Day presents for their moms, lol. In truth, I think they may be juggling more than just this job. Working multiple sites or have regular jobs and are paving this place when they can squeeze us in.

      Delete
  4. That paving sure looks like crap. But then I'm no authority. Maybe new tenant has brought powerful energy to counteract the bad energy in that unit. I am constantly amazed by what Giant Cheeto gets away with. For someone with so little intelligence, he sure knows how to manipulate people, break the law, and get away with it. I admire E. Jean Carroll and find it tragic that her life has been reduced to defending herself for all this time against her rapist. But the orange idiot just lost a legal case partly for doing exactly what he's doing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people just never learn, like management continuing to try to save money with cheap labor, and the idiots that worship No. 45 no matter what.

      Delete
  5. I guess time will tell how good of a paving job the sporadic crew did.

    ReplyDelete