Monday, May 8, 2023

Who’s On First?

Certainly, no one around here can figure it out.

As residents continued to move cars around to be out the way of scheduled paving work, but having seen no crew since they left on Wednesday, cars stopped moving because why? What was the point of continuing to do so when nothing was happening according to plan.

Was the crew fired?

Did they quit?

Who’s on first?

We have no idea.

I’m beginning to think management saw what Shadow saw when he pronounced what little work was done as lousy, another cheapie that would last maybe two years and got rid of them before they made matters worse, but who knows.

At any rate, tired of the nonsense, I picked up the car after this morning’s workout, after which I took it to the coin wash, went grocery shopping, returned the car to it’s normal parking spot.

Trainer, amused by my Michonne style preparedness for walking that no man's land stretch of road to the storage place, taped me.


My luck … now that I’ve taken the car out of storage, the crew will probably magically reappear.

As I was leaving Friday’s workout, Trainer was complaining about his culture being just as oppressed as mine, but my culture gets a whole entire Black History Month while his culture gets only one day — Cinco de Mayo.

LOL, but he’s got a point.

Had he gone to the market that day, as did I after working out, he probably wouldn’t have been happy with the market having a worker dress up as an avocado that day.


A bit disrespectful to Trainer’s culture, but cute.

I don’t recall the market doing anything for cultural holidays before, so this avocado must be a clumsy marketing campaign to start doing so. However, if whoever thought of the avocado thinks it cute to showcase a chicken or watermelon costume next year, heads are gonna roll.

There was also this guy, previously seen at the market, who had a lot of truth to say without mouthing a word.


16 comments:

  1. If you hadn’t said that was an avocado costume I never would’ve guessed. More like a bizarro open midriff apron wearing who knows what? Your parking situation has been pretty bizarro too. You are very patient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That avocado pit did look like a big belly at first. My patience is running thin, but whatchagonnado.

      Delete
  2. The avocado suit is kind of offensive, but that guy's message doesn't bother me at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet the avocados are offended too. Love the guy's t-shirt; just as I thought we could get rid of #45. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they say "Only the good die young". I'm still here sooooooo.

      Delete
  4. How old is that last picture? I just checked and Powerball is 109 million. I'm disappointed. 😥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! I'm gonna use that line someday somehow, LOL.

      Delete
  6. The paving thing sounds like a major clusterF.....! What an inconvenience and aggravation. Love the t-shirt. You should gift a few of those to 'management' there!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shirts are Trainer's brand name. As quick as he produces them, they sell out. I always get first pick though.

      Delete
  7. So you're left with an halfway finished half assed paving job?
    I did not see any locals dressed up as avocados for cinco de mayo! I might not have been surprised by a green chile or two here in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't even half finished. I told Trainer about the avocado yesterday. As expected, his response was "That's racist!"

      Delete