Friday, May 5, 2023

Pivot! Pivot!

Today is Cinco De Mayo and, btw, have you noticed we've had a lot of special days this week? First there was May Day, then Star Wars Day, now Cinco de Mayo.

This being a regular workout day and not a Bingo Friday, my plan for the day was, inasmuch as the car cube storage is half the distance walking from the Pain Cave than from the complex to, after this morning's workout, pick up the car, drive it back to its regular parking spot.

That plan changed when the Monthly Calendar attached to our doors indicated — just like Will Jay had commented "Expect this one-week project to take 10 days".

Project won’t be completed until end of day next Wednesday.

Pivot!

The new plan is to pick up next Friday. That is, if the project isn't pushed further off schedule because, looking at what little progress has been made because of the wet weather, the so few hours the crew puts in when the weather is dry and how much more needs to be done, I may have to pivot beyond next Friday.

I can’t tell you how many residents have caught me outside and asked, "Which side are we supposed to park today?"

"I don’t know" is my response, because I truly don’t know and try not to think about it because it makes my head hurt. I’m just waiting for it to be over.

I see Talker’s car is back on the premise and moving around.

She’d been gone for a few days.

If you will recall, on the day we were told not to park on the property, Talker said she was going visiting. It was a long visit, as she drove all the way to San Diego, spent a few days with the Little Stalker.

Didn’t bring her back with her though, but I did have a fright, went "Oh No!" when, out walking, I off in the distance saw a child coming from that area, relaxing when I realized it was a little boy — the grandson of the resident living next door to our Karen character.

It’s looking like Talker's clinging to Childhood Friend is not coming to pass. I don’t see the two of them out and about together and, when Talker showed up to last week’s bingo alone, I asked, "Where’s your friend?". Her response was kind of evasive ..... an "Oh, you know" and that was that.

I guess Childhood Friend has her own life — places to be, things to do or maybe it was like Debra of She Who Seeks commented (when I mentioned the development of  Talker spotting a new resident moving in who happened to be her Childhood Friend, and how this development was causing her to rethink moving to San Diego) that "Just because someone was a childhood friend doesn't mean you'll still get along or have a lot in common as adults. There's a lot of water under the bridge between then and now".

At any rate, Talker is walking around looking a bit sad, Next Door Neighbor is walking around looking as though she's mad at the world — which can't be healthy, and Painted Rock Lady is looking better. She’s got her color back, is once again out and about (on a walker) with her dogs.

PRL doesn’t have a car, though she did have an assigned parking spot directly in front of her unit, which was utilized by her gentlemen callers — an ex-husband with whom she's on friendly terms, and a side piece she says she's known for ages.

I say "did have" because management has dispensed with assigned parking. The new system, announced along with the paving project, is that you either pay for a carport, a garage, or hassle for parking in one of the free open parking spots.

Suffice it to say, PRL is not happy about this.

Looks like the new resident — the guy living in the bad energy unit, wanting not to worry about moving his car every day until this project is completed, also took off for a few days. I can tell he’s not just camping out in his unit, while his car is elsewhere, because the notice management posted to our doors a few days ago is still on his door.

That's all I've got on my very interesting neighbors as we go into the weekend.

This weekend is the Big Coronation. I’m taking a hard pass on that and will instead continue to binge watch the Sci Fi Cult Classic Fringe. (Mistress Maddie: You posted that you were watching a Sci Fi Cult Classic, which is why I guessed Fringe).

Fringe is a series about Parallel Universes, Shapeshifters, Watchers/Observers who travel to our world in the past to observe how we screwed up and led to their creation in the future.

The series has been running 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday last three weekends — a season each weekend. All toll, there are 5 seasons, 20 episodes per season. So two more weekends, forty episodes to go and I can tear myself away from the tube and get some sleep.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, that paving project is one big headache. I've never heard of the series "Fringe" but it sounds intriguing and, yes, has classic sci-fi themes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently, Fringe was first televised in 2008. I think that would have been around the time I was still busy trying to survive in the workforce, so I didn't catch it broadcasting back then.

      Delete
  2. I'm also taking a hard pass on the coronation and not commenting on blogs about it since I don't want to offend. (I'll just take the passive-aggressive approach and do it here.) Good you've got that rental unit for a month. Pivot. Pivot. Pivot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too taking the passive-aggressive approach. It's not just Fringe keeping me away from viewing it.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you paid for a whole month of car storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, they get to getting and finish before my month runs out.

      Delete
  4. Double a hard pass.
    I never missed an episode of Fringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You watched it in the past? Are you watching it now? It was fun to see Leonard Nimoy pop up as the illusive William Bell, and Megan Markel pop up as a character weekend before last.

      Delete
    2. Fringe has been on repeat on several different channels over the years. I haven't had the interest to watch the whole series a second time. It was well worth the watching it the first time.

      Delete
    3. I missed most of the first weekend showing, season 1, because I was upset they replaced my usual Forensic File shows. Once I gave Fringe a chance, I was hooked.

      Delete
  5. With being Down after the Foot Surgery I'm not doing anything for Cinco de Mayo, usually we'd go out for a nice Mexican Meal and all the Festivities for that Holiday at those locations make it entertaining too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer about being laid up. Hope everyone over there is taking good care of you, waiting on you hands and feet.

      Delete
    2. It is nice to have Minions... and Yes, they are pampering me. We got Mexican Takeout for Cinco de Mayo, it was a nice Buffet eaten at Home and watching Netflix, a movie called Solace with Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.

      Delete
  6. What a mess! Oh, you missed National Nurses Day today too! Have fun with all of that TV. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, and tomorrow is National Scrapbooking Day

      Delete
  7. I think I could use a good Sci Fi series. Escapism comes in handy at times. Sounds like maybe Talker's childhood friend is good at setting boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends do grow apart. I get it because I myself am friendless, having outgrown all who I knew ... that are still alive that is. I have plenty of acquaintances, but no one I'd call a bff or childhood friend.

      Delete
  8. I thought Fringe was a really good show. I've been watching Star Trek Picard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of frustrating twists and turns in Fringe.

      Delete