Friday, May 12, 2023

T.G.I.F.

Awoke at 3 a.m. last two days.

That’s not good, as it generally signifies a disturbance in the force. Something unsettling going on within the family unit.

I don’t feel like it’s anything serious, just something unwise that’s going to cause me more worry than the worry family already causes.

I never did figure out why the song "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" played over and over in my head a few months ago, and still occasionally does. I’ve had to deal with so many witches in the past that it’s hard to decipher which one, but I did research those that traumatized me and found nothing. Not on Facebook, not LinkedIn, nor the obits, so I’m assuming not everyone maintains a social media presence or gets a death notice published.

I know I never could find an obit for Jim.

As I was suiting up for this morning’s workout, I thought I heard the sound of paving trucks here to complete the job. (The sound you heard in that last video was not the pavers, they didn’t show up that day. It was the trash truck rolling through).

Alas, I was wrong because, heading out, I could see half of the front entrance and the opposite side of the building still undone and no crew in sight.

Oh well, that side of the complex doesn’t involve me, so I’m just happy the inconveniences to my side are over with.

At least I think they are because, when I showed Trainer the video I’d posted yesterday, he said not only was the paving a lousy job but part of the problem with the cracking — which btw, looks even worse today, was that no sealant was applied.

He doesn’t think the crew plans on coming back at a later date (but who can be sure), to do that sealing because sealant precedes striping and striping has been done. It quickly followed paving that day when the crew was hauling arse to try to make up for lost time.

So there’s that.

Today was Bingo Friday, so I hurried to switch out of workout clothes, hurried down to the Community Room to claim my preferred seat before Hell on Wheels got there first.

I beat her again.

It’s been a long dry spell for me insofar as a bingo win. I can’t even remember the last time I had a win. I’m usually one number short before someone else yells Bingo!, but it was a lively group of residents and I always have fun.

Red Light’s son donated roses to the group for Mother’s Day. We each received one red, one yellow.



The rose I received from the insurance agent on Tuesday is holding up well, so I added these to that same vase.


It's beginning to look a lot like Mother's Dayish up in here.

Hopefully, I get to sleep straight through tonight. If not, at least it’s the weekend, I have no place I must go, nothing I must do, so I can rest and try to catch up on sleep.

16 comments:

  1. Isn't the witch song from the Wizard of Oz? Did you watch that movie recently? At least in our Okie childhood, we watched it on TV every year, and then Gone with the Wind....every year. The roses are lovely: some of those guys have some class! Happy Mum's Day to ya, but I don't think the worries ever go away. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't watch Oz in like forever. Liked it when I was a kid, but it's not something I'd ever view again. Gone with the Wind, I'd watch again. I read the book twice and also read The Wind Done Gone, which is the unauthorized parody, written by the slaves, as to what happened to Scarlett, Rhett and Tara later in life.

      Delete
    2. P.S. and you're correct, the worries never go away, but one would hope they'd stop piling them on.

      Delete
  2. That was so nice of Red Light's son to donate Mothers Day roses to the Bingo group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twas, but I think his mom asked him to do it because I know she wanted to give out roses, but wasn't sure how to fund it.

      Delete
  3. How nice to give everyone roses for Mother's Day, and the red and yellow together are beautiful. When I first saw the paving, I thought there was still sealant to be done and perhaps a top surface. But then, like trainer, I saw the painting and realized it was too late. What a sad job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad job and management too stupid to notice or care.

      Delete
  4. The roses are lovely, and that was a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dreading Red Light might do the Walmart Strawberries dipped in chocolate thing again. Roses are much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Yes, that's a bad sign if the striping was done without sealant.
    How nice of Red Light's son to donate roses! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Management made a big mistake hiring the lowest bidder for the project and yes, Red Light's son made our day.

      Delete
  6. It's always fun to get flowers no matter how you get them. Your roses are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smile every time I spot them in the vase. There's just something about roses.

      Delete
  7. The roses are pretty.
    Hope you get some sleep.
    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I did. Slept until almost noon, LOL. Happy Mother's Day to you as well my friend.

      Delete
  8. Your Bouquet is coming together nicely, Happy Mother's Day. I'm up at 2:00 am myself, disturbance in the Force, definitely could be. Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead, well, plenty of people I can think of in the World that we'd all be the better off for their demise and wouldn't Mourn.

    ReplyDelete