Monday, January 16, 2023

Ugly Clothes Day

It’s raining, it’s pouring the old man is snoring the weather girls are dressing poorly.

I rarely sleep in later than 7 a.m,. because I enjoy turning on the TV and hearing George, Robin and Michael say, "Good Morning America".

Tuning in just as Eyewitness News was ending, with the weather girl showing rain rain and more rain, I was taken by how ugly her dress was.

It appeared to be made of the same kind of fabric as those old Elvis Presley paintings — velvet.

Some people used to like those velvet paintings because of the way The King and his surroundings appeared to change colors, depending on the angle you viewed the painting from.

That effect looked great on a painting, not so much on the Eyewitness News weather girl this morning, as the result was to highlight her headlights.



Then here comes GMA’s weather girl wearing a top I’d love to have for next Halloween, as it would go well with my skeleton leggings, but was all wrong for this morning’s broadcast.


I wonder if I was the only viewer to have noticed these fashion atrocities and/or to have made snarky comments.

The weekend once again sped by at the speed of light, even though I went nowhere did nothing. While it was rain rain and more rain outside, it was needlepoint needlepoint needlepoint while catching up on recorded TV programs inside.

One program I started catching up on was Worse Cooks in America. More like getting back into it, as I’d stopped watching seasons ago — for no reason other than I just lost interest.

The only reason I was taping this season is because I saw Darnell Ferguson was to mentor a team.

My first introduction to Chef Darnell was on Grocery Games, where his physique, compared to other chef types, and backstory was so inspiring that I began taking interest.

Having spent time in jail, being homeless, living in his car, he now runs several restaurants, has had many appearances on Food Network in other competitions … winning, occasionally losing and now is known as Celebrity Chef/Super Chef.

I was interested to see how he’d be co-hosting a show with Chef Anne.

Turns out he's invigorated the show, as does the contestants coming from Tik Tok, making this, in my opinion, the best season ever.

I think I’m two episodes behind, but the episode I saw last night had me giggling, when I probably should not have been, because a contestant being mentored by Chef Anne became so overwhelmed in getting the right knife cuts on mushrooms for a veggie burger that he had a meltdown.


You know what they say about "If you can't stand the heat".

At any rate, this season is so full of LOL moments that I’ll ride to the finish with Chef Darnell and, if he’s brought back, ride again.

Then there was the new season of Miss Scarlet and the Duke, which sent me to bed thinking oh oh!

William sent out feelers as to Eliza one day wanting to settle down, have a family of her own and was dashed when Eliza, thinking he was teasing her, said something to the effect having a family wasn’t what she wanted out of life.

Enter Arabella who owns a restaurant, who is more the settle down with a family type, can obviously cook when Eliza cannot, seems to be looking at William who, in turn, seems to be looking back at her. Oh oh!

My luck with the weather held up again this morning in that the downpour paused just before I had to head for the Pain Cave, giving me time enough to make a run by the market after and make it back to the unit before rain rain and more rain began again.

Thank goodness someone finally won the Mega pot. I didn't have to pop into the liquor store for tickets and I'm done with lotto fever until the next time.

19 comments:

  1. "I'm done with lotto fever until the next time."
    Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm with you on these strange weather girl outfits. Yes - a velvet Elvis painting from the 70s, and a top to match your bone pants!
    I'd never heard of "Worst cooks...", but looks very entertaining. I've done some time in food service, and it is an entertaining industry, seeming to attract colorful characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was a bad cook until I learned through this program there are others far worse than I.

      Delete
  3. Yuck. I find it very tacky when people wear velvet outside of a party or high social event. Call me old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, she'll review the program, see how cheap it made her look and get rid of that dress.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad the big lottery is over too. I'd actually won $8 on that previous ticket, not just $2 cuz I had the multiplier math applied to it. Okay, that weather girl needs to trash the red pants. She could cut the headlight velvet dress and make a skirt from it to go with the top you like. Stay safe in and out of the rain. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on your $8 win. I actually found the top through googling "As worn on TV". It's a sweater and I don't do sweaters, plus it's a size small. There is no hope for the velvet dress as anything other than a cleaning rag.

      Delete
  5. When I was a kid, having a blue velvet dress was considered the height of sophistication! Probably because of that Bobby Vinton song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are bad looks for TV. I don't get it. They're TV professionals. Shouldn't they know what works and what doesn't -- and what's appropriate? And aren't there other pros standing by to say... “Not a good look”?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's sabotage or petty co-worker revenge with someone saying "Girl you look fantastic" then laughing behind their back because they've succeeded in making a fool of the girls.

      Delete
  7. Not a fan of that velvet material

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, ugly outfits! I haven't watched either of these shows. Are they cable tv? The weather has been quite cooperative with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cable. Miss Scarlett is on PBS, Worst Cooks on Food Network. Considering what's been going on around my area, very lucky insofar as weather.

      Delete
  9. Well, your Weather Girls definitely need the Help of a Stylist for the hideous ensembles they seem to be sporting on TV... yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they replaced whoever styled them that day because the next day the girls looked great. However, two days later, Vanna White was all over Twitter with "What the F was Vanna Wearing" because of a monstrosity she wore on Wheel of Fortune.

      Delete