Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Further Adventures

Looking at all the weather related chaos of the last two weeks on the news, I’ve been very fortunate. Even to the point that on the days when it was a downpour, those were days I had nothing planned, did not have to leave the unit ─ like yesterday. On days I had to head for the Pain Cave, it was either just overcast and drizzling or a complete break in the rain, with the sun shining ─ like today.

During yesterday’s downpour, Bear sat at the window all day watching and waiting for Yazzy to come down the walkway, take him home, but no Yazzy.


It wasn’t raining the day before, when Yazzy was on the complex visiting her grandma, but still no Yazzy.

I say "visiting".

Trainer says "babysitting".

I’d not thought of it that way before, but he’s right.

Did grandma not tell her, or does Yazzy not care?

Could this be the thing to steer her away from knocking on my door — the idea of having to take Bear home?

Time will tell, but if Bear isn’t picked up by Friday, he will be playing bingo; and, if Talker shows up, I’ll hand him over before I have to start charging him rent, or billing Yazzy and her grandma for caregiver services.

Speaking of caregivers, Trainer had me ROFLMAO on Monday when he asked, "What’s the oldest age over there?"

"I honestly don’t know, but I do know we have a few in their 90’s", said I.

"What kind of shape are they in?"

"Some still have a degree of mobility, with the use of canes and walkers, but aren't seen out and about often. Some still drive. Others are pretty much bedridden, have people who check on them daily ─ bring in food, water, pick up their mail, do their laundry and some are checked on by visiting nurses. Others have relatives living with them".

Trainer was surprised … "THEY CAN DO THAT?! HAVE RELATIVES LIVING WITH THEM???!!!"

"Sure. They sign up as caregivers, get paid by the county".

"FREE RENT AND A CHECK????!!!! If you ever need a caregiver, I’m telling V___ (his wife) I’m out, I’m leaving you. Shirley needs a caregiver".

ROFLMAO!

So anyway, Bear got to meet Twin 2 when she stopped by yesterday.


Bear still with me this morning, I belted him in the Jeep — safety first, and off we went to the Pain Cave, where he got in the ring and spared with Trainer's Baby Yoda, worked out on the battle ropes, planked with me and took a group photo with those arriving for the next class ─ Trainer's elite fighters. After which we popped into the market, and are now back in the unit waiting for Yazzy.








22 comments:

  1. I think you may be getting attached to that bear :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've run out of scenarios to place him in, so I don't think so. I was just using him for fun blog fodder.

      Delete
  2. "sign up as caregivers"
    I've looked into that and you basically have to be broke to qualify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I'm seeing, that sounds about right. Unless one is a professional caregiver, and I do know of one who says she's ready to retire after 25 years of doing this kind of work, it seems relatives sign up so THEY can have a place to live.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Bear's taking down Baby Yoda was impressive, LOL.

      Delete
  4. Bear is living his best life! He’ll have lots to share when he goes home. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Bear is Living his best life", LOL. Wish I'd have thought of that as the title of the book.

      Delete
  5. I love these latest shots of Bear. At least he providing you some entertainment at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he has, but I've run out of scenarios for him.

      Delete
  6. A friend in IL told me of someone ( under 70) who has had a tracheotomy, has to be fed. I assume she is a cancer patient. The family wanted her to go to a care home- for that level care they were quoted $20,000 a month. She needs to show at least $800,000 in savings and if that is all used up by care she will be kept on for free.
    I believe the husband is allowed to keep the house and $160,000 in savings. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $20,000 A MONTH!!!! Gosh! The high cost of health care. I take it the $800,000 is to ensure the care home will get their money. I'm not good at math but, by my calculations, that equates to only a little over 3 years of care.

      Delete
  7. You are giving Bear a grand time! Love the photos. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Yazzy will appreciate Bear more, not be so quick to give him away, when she sees how much fun he can be.

      Delete
  8. You are cracking me up with the bear saga!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new episodes of Adventures With Bear. lol My daughter wanted to be my paid caregiver but my insurance said no unless I was bedridden and needed 24/7 care doing everything. Which I don't, hell I'm not even 60 yet. My daughter cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Kids! Twin one used to threaten to put me in a "home" when I got old. At least your daughter was thinking along the lines of caring for you rather than giving you away. LOL.

      Delete
  10. Uh, yep, you may need a new stuffed friend if Bear goes back home. They have counseling for folks who are too attached to things....and I think Bear is too young to gamble in bingo halls. NOBODY hurts a baby Yoda! But the photos are cute.
    You've probably heard of Flat Stanley? It's a paper cut out of a doll, that traveled the world and the various location pics were sent to some original kid. One of my parents' 6 grandkids couldn't make it to a wedding, so we got a photo of her head on a stick like a Flat Stanley. She stood behind the others in a wedding pic, and it has to be pointed out that Annie is really just a paper head. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a stuffed friend, gifted to me on my 60th birthday. He has been packed away, but I pulled him out just a little while ago for a photo shoot with Bear. Flat Stanley sounds interesting. I'll look it up.

      Delete