Saturday, January 21, 2023

Meet Sunny

Another sunny weekend is upon me and, while still feeling drained of energy, I did manage to rouse myself to be somewhat productive today — starting with doing laundry.

Got more than I bargained for when I headed down to remove laundry from the dryer because who did I see returning from the market but Talker and her granddaughter.

Granddaughter ran over to where I was standing, gave me a hug, then said, "Wait right here".

She then ran back to grandma Talker, began rummaging through the grocery bags, pulled something out and came back to present me with a new bear, which she named Sunny.

Meet Sunny

Here we go again.

I walked over to grandma Talker, said, "Now she wants to give me another bear".

"She just bought it, but what can I do?" said Talker.

"You can stop buying her bears", said I.

"I told her when she bought it that she had enough bears, but she said she was buying it to give away, even used her own money. So, I can’t tell her what to do with her things".

WHAT?! Talker’s granddaughter used her own money to buy me a bear???

And just like that …. my cold cold heart melted a little.

I went "Awwwwww" and said to Talker’s granddaughter, "You are really a sweet child. You know that about yourself don’t you?"

She said "Yes" and started running about checking out our painted rocks, LOL.

So, anyway, this being a smaller bear and with Talker’s granddaughter having just bought it at the market, with the intent to give it away, she can’t be attached to it, so I’ll keep it — but have no plans to take it on any adventures.

Laundry out of the way, tomorrow’s goal is to push myself away from crafting and the television, head to the college to log in walking miles.

Can’t say that will really happen, but it’s the goal for tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Talker’s granddaughter bought the bear to give away? Wow! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, when I saw the photo I knew exactly what happened. Must admit that is one very sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kid has really taken a shine to you! You're just going to have to bask in her adoration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talker said she's never seen granddaughter take to anyone like she has to me and that granddaughter took to me right away. When I asked "Why?", Talker said she believes there is some kind of spiritual connection. I'm now thinking perhaps is some kind of past life association. It's been known to happen.

      Delete
  4. That was sweet of her, but the old cynic in me wonders when she'll ask for it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think so because she'd just purchased Sunny. No attachment. It still had the tag on it, which grandma Talker hastily snatched off. Besides, granddaughter never asked for Bear back. It was I who wanted to give it back, but she did look happy to have Bear returned.

      Delete
  5. A Child with a Generous Spirit is a Heart Melter for sure. Yet, receiving unwanted Gifts is always awkward, isn't it? So many Kids are naturally rather Selfish rather than Selfless like that tho', so her Grandma must be Proud she's a Natural Giver and so Kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma Talker is as perplexed as I that her granddaughter has taken to me. She thinks something is going on at a deeper level, says she believes the Universe has drawn granddaughter to me for a reason that is benefitting granddaughter, a reason she and I can't see or understand.

      Delete
  6. "And just like that …. my cold cold heart melted a little."
    And did you face palm yourself with a loud ACK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say my heart unmelted pretty quick because Bob was right.

      Delete