Monday, January 9, 2023

Rainy Days and Mondays

Another weekend gone in a blur. It's Monday and it's raining, but I’m not down. Feeling well rested, I woke up ready to seize the day and the week.

I’m also ready to buy more Mega tickets after this morning’s workout, because the pot is now up to $1.16 billion.

I don’t have to shell out cash for tickets this time because, with a total of $23 in winnings on four tickets, I’ll just roll that over into tomorrow’s draw.

Hopefully someone will win, so the pot will empty and I can stop playing until the next one.

I’d had an epiphany on Saturday.

You know how it is that when kids leave their favorite stuffed buddy at the airport and airport personnel adopt the stuffed buddy ─ take it on adventures in the airport, capture those adventures in photo form while waiting for the buddy to be reclaimed?

That’s what I should do with Bear, thought I.

So, I began setting up scenarios as to what Bear would be doing in my unit and snapping photos.

I printed the photos out on cardstock and affixes to a mini scrapbook album that’s been kicking around for a least 25 years — almost tossed it several times.

Glad I didn’t, because it worked out perfectly and though old was in great condition — pages not yellowed, binder not cracked, which is the beauty of working with the Creative Memories Scrapbooking system. Their products are meant to survive for generations.


Essentially, instead of purchasing a book, I made one, LOL.

Having now sent a text to Talker saying Bear really misses his little friend and wants to go home, I'm now expecting a little knock knock.

BTW, Talker took it well, sent me a laughing emoji, said she’d tell granddaughter.

Hopefully, Bear will be rehomed by end of day. However, on the off chance Yazzy does not pick up Bear in a timely manner, I’m continuing to take photos as I go along — just in case there’s a sequel with further adventures of Bear and because it’s gotten to be kinda fun.

I didn’t think to take Bear to the Pain Cave this morning, or grocery shopping when I popped into the market after. However, I did think to capture Bear making pizza this afternoon.


Fun though it's turned into, I won’t miss Bear when he goes home.

20 comments:

  1. Your photos of Bear and the book you made of them are ADORABLE! So whimsical and sweet. I'm sure Yazzy will love to read it over and over the way kids do! What a special gift you've made for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be hilarious if she liked the book so much that she gave Bear to another neighbor just to see how it would go if she passed him around,

      Delete
  2. That is a GREAT idea! Such fun for her, another creative accomplishment for you. And kind, as well. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pays to be a crafter. Ideas come out of nowhere. šŸ™‚

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely book. Might kind of endear you to more knocks on the door though. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea, very kind of you. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative and wonderful thing to do. You're a fairy godmother -- even if you do try to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! It's Ying Yang, Some days I'm fairy godmother, other days I'm Scrooge/Grinch.

      Delete
  6. You are so very kind, making nice memories for the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't set out to make a memory. Just wanted to get the Bear back to her without hurting her feelings. But it's cool to think it will turn into a nice memory.

      Delete
  7. And I love that colourful lineup of cowboy boots in your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the Bear idea and glad he is probably going to be able to go home. I will be buying a mega ticket too... a billion is enticing...lol...Dawn...the Bohemian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute idea with Bear. Good luck with the winning.

    ReplyDelete