Sunday, January 31, 2021

Catching Up With The Homies

Heading for the mail box yesterday, I ran into my buddy Apache and Church Lady. News is that another resident has passed away. Someone on the far side of the complex, according to Apache; and it is unknown as to whether the death was Covid related.

In other news from Apache, he had his court date with Bicycle Boy over their mutual restraining orders. The outcome was not what any of us residents would have expected ─ Apache’s restraining order against Bicycle Boy, who continues to harass other residents, was lifted. Bicycle Boy’s restraining order against Apache has been extended to cover a three-year period.

As to how and why that outcome happened, inasmuch as Apache had so much evidence, is nuts; but I can guess it’s because Bicycle Boy knows how to play the game ─ stay calm, speak rationally. On the other hand, Apache probably came across as his regular self when he’s angry ─ speaking loud, with emphasis, so mad that he gets all red in the face, and becomes all over the place in trying to express himself.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Apache says Bicycle Boy is now gloating and trying to get him to react so he (Apache) will get in further trouble over violating the restraining order.

There is no way Apache can refrain from reacting for three years, soooooooo.......

Having not seen Church Lady’s friend (the nice old guy who lives upstairs across the quad) for months and months and months, I asked her if he was okay. “I don’t know” said she. “I don’t see him no more. You know how that is”.

Well, I don’t exactly know how that is, but I take it they broke up.

Inasmuch as I’ve not seen hide nor hair of him in months, and learning Church Lady is no longer in contact with him, has me wondering if Old Guy is okay.

His blinds are open to allow sunlight in this morning, but his blinds are always open like that ─ day and night.

Before heading to bed last night, I checked to see if his lights were on.

They were.

Checking again this morning to make sure lights had been turned off, so I know he’s okay in there, I can’t tell whether on or off ... because of the sunlight.

Having not seen him getting groceries or picking up mail, I'm wondering IF he's getting groceries and mail.

I imagine the mail carrier would alert the office if mail is not getting picked up and, not to be indelicate but, if he's not okay up there, we would have smelled him by now.

At any rate, before I go any further with checking on him, when I head for the Pain Cave tomorrow, I'll check to see if his car is covered in dirt, looks unmoved. If the car looks okay, then he’s okay, has been moving around and about unseen late at night, and I'll stop worrying about him.

After my conversations with Apache and Church Lady, I continued on down the path toward the mailbox and who comes down the stairs, walking towards me, but Head Maintenance Guy.

Although he was wearing a mask, I did just as I said I would. I turned around, ran back, ducked into a corner by the Laundry Room until he passed. LOL.

Having avoided being anywhere near him, I headed back on the path only to see his two boys, his daughter and his wife walking towards me.

None were wearing masks.

Again, I turn around and run back to that corner until they too pass.

You have three children to raise, three kids that need you to stay alive to raise them, live with their father ─ who tested positive, and you don’t wear a mask or mask your kids?

I just don’t get it.

Me myself I’m being overly cautious, if there is such a thing as being “overly” .

Taking advantage of a break in the winter storm during the week, I took that long drive out to Twin 2’s place and dropped off the needlepoint.

Didn’t let anyone come near me, did not go in. Just dropped the bubble wrapped frame off on the lawn, told her to bring a chair out, sit so I could watch her reaction as I stood more than six-feet away, then jumped back in the car and drove back to the complex.

So that brings you all up-to-date on what’s happening around here.

I've got a new coffee cup.



If I knew how to bake, I'd make this Bernie Cake to go with my coffee.



14 comments:

  1. I love your new coffee cup. Also your stories about your neighbors. It's a good thing that nobody's perfect. Otherwise, there's be no stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be really bored without the neighbors I have. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was hoping to add a cup that says "I love waking up and ___ is impeached twice", but looks like a no on that one.

      Delete
  3. man, your complex sounds like a middle school.

    LOVE the coffee mug! and the bernie cake is interesting.

    looking good, shirley! and what did twin #2 think of the needlepoint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twin 2 was blown away. Telling her FB and Instagram friends about her "talented" mom, but all I did was follow a pattern.

      Delete
  4. Glad you safely made your delivery and that you are keeping yourself away from the super spreaders. Just keep doing what you've been and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running from Head Maintenance Guy and his family was good exercise. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Did she tear up? I was guessing that she would. It must have been a wonderful surprise, you worked so long and hard at that needlepoint! It must feel great to you to have it finished and delivered now. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, she didn't tear up, but was very very pleased. And you have no idea how great it is to have that behind me so that now it's all about me and my craft projects.

      Delete
  6. LOVE that Coffee Cup! Sorry to hear of Apache's outcome in Court and you're Right, if people know how to Act in front of a Judge, the Outcome usually swings in their Favor. Many people talk too much and talk themselves into Trouble in Court and can't stay Calm when they're very upset about having to be there for whatever reasons. I do Hope Old Guy is Okay, you are observant, so many people aren't and so folks fall thru the cracks of Society often when nobody notices and nobody seems to Care enough. I don't get it when Families are Careless about COVID either, ignorance isn't Bliss, it's just ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your new mug!! And is there such a thing as being overly cautious during a pandemic? I was out and about this weekend, never saw one single idiot without a mask here. I'm going to miss the mentality here when I move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a good friend who is dealing with some serious health problems and I know a cup like yours would make her day. Would you please let me know where can I get one for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cups are available on Etsy and Amazon, and they're selling like hotcakes. LOL.

      Delete