Wednesday, January 6, 2021

A Day That Will Live in Infamy

I woke up this morning thinking today would be special because the electoral count would once and for all end No. 45’s battle to overthrow the election and we could all breathe again.

I was taking it as a personal honor that this was happening on this particular day, because it would be happening on the day which marks my 77th time around the sun.

Returning to the complex from the Pain Cave, I turn on the television and witness an ongoing assault on the U.S. Capitol.


One terrorist, a woman, was shot and later died.

Sorry, not sorry.

Especially since, on the whole — unlike the instances of police brutality against the BLM protestors, these domestic terrorists were handled with kid gloves.

Twitter has suspended No. 45's account for 12 hours.

Big Whoop!

Twelve lousy hours and way too late.

There's talk of removing 45 from office NOW, rather than later.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

He was impeached many moons ago, and had he been removed at that time, this day of infamy would not have occurred.


10 comments:

  1. I was going to remind you that I figured your Birthday out last year but I was one day off. Tomorrow (7th) is my anniversary of immigration (54 years) and honestly bittersweet. What do we know at age 22?
    There is no question that T should go, in this house we believe him to be mentally unstable. How such a one could even become the President is disgraceful.
    Worry about Twin 1 and her dangerous work. Hope for good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember you did. I don't generally talk about my birthday. I don't celebrate, pay no attention AND sometimes have forgotten until a family member calls to wish me a happy one. But there will be no forgetting in future, now that the day will be remembered as the day terrorists stormed the Capitol, at the behest of an insane outgoing president.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday or Feast of the Epiphany, the last day of the Christmas season. I enjoy your writing.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping that last picture comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEATH TO ALL MAGAts! and a belated happy birthday, shirley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and Every time a home grown terrorist dies, an angel gets its wings.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. And if only long ago when it would have mattered.

      Delete