Friday, January 22, 2021

Everything Hurts

This morning’s session in the Pain Cave was easy breezy, simple. Just a slow walk on the treadmill, pushing pulling stretching with ten pounds of weight, because I had a come-to-Jesus talk with Trainer about which routines he thinks I can, and my body says HAHAHAHAHA.

Having been pushed a little with a full body workout on Wednesday, rather than the usual different body parts on different days, I felt okay leaving the Pain Cave. However, about an hour later, that full body workout hit me like a mac truck. My body locked up, I suddenly found myself walking stiff ─ like Frankenstein, and everything began to hurt ─ back, hips, knees, shoulders, wrists.

The body has recovered to where I’m feeling a teenie bit less stiff and sore today, and no longer walking like Frankenstein, but moving slow ─ like most of the residents in the complex. Nevertheless, though better, I came thisclose to calling in sick today, but was afraid I’d not get over this hump if I didn’t physically work it out.

This morning’s pushing pulling stretching helped a little, so I’m glad I showed up, and Trainer has crossed full body exercises off his schedule of routines for me.

One step at a time.

One body part at a time.

I’m expecting/hoping to be back to my normal self by Monday.

The frame arrived for Twin 2’s needlepoint, so that project is all done and off my bucket list.


I affixed one of my labels to the back.


In the mood for a nice long leisurely drive, I thought Sunday would be a good day for a drive-by ─ keep my distance, just drop it off, turn around and drive back. But now I’m hearing rain is expected this weekend. So, looks like it will get delivered when I have free time and good weather.

15 comments:

  1. It's stunning and then hours of work you put into it are mind boggling. She will love it.
    You are not saving it for Christmas then?b. I bet she weeps when she sees it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was making it for Christmas ... but didn't finish, Christmas has passed. So, now not a special occasion gift, just a keepsake. She's my emotional child, so I fully expect she'll cry. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I agree with JanF. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Quite happy with it my own darn self. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Rain? Are they messing with you? I thought it didn't rain there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! what a work of art!
    and I agree, one body part at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes think Trainer forgets how old I am when he says "I'm going to push you a little". I myself would like to do more, but a woman's got to know her limitations and I do.

      Delete
  5. Your needlepoint is beautiful. What a wonderful gift. Yes, wait for free time and good weather. I don't know about your area, but here in the San Joaquin Valley there have been so many deadly car crashes. Whole families wiped out in one crash. It is so bad. So, be careful out there and keep your eyes open for all the bad drivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was tough going getting that needlepoint done ... I thought I'd never get to the end. LOL. I'm always scared when I get behind the wheel of a car, practically pray myself to where I'm going, then pray myself back because of other drivers.

      Delete
  6. Amazing needlework. Not sure I could stay dedicated long enough to get it finished. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day for 17 months, sometimes for as long as 10//12 hours a day was a record for me. I didn't realize it would be such a huge commitment when I started, but looking at the completed work ... it was worth it.

      Delete
  7. I had to smile at your description of walking like Frankenstein, but I know it wasn't funny for you at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that the body has recovered, I can look back and laugh along with you.

      Delete