Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Signs of Life

Yesterday found me once again running so as not to get too close to our previously having tested positive Head Maintenance Guy (HMG).

Returning from the Pain Cave, I saw him posting what looked to be packages to the upstairs doors across the quad.

Looking up at my door, seeing he’d not yet posted in that area, figuring we were next, I tried to hurry over the grass and up the stairs.

HMG appears to have recovered from his diagnosis, probably because he’s young, and was thus moving rather quickly. Quicker than I because I’m older and had just experienced another full body workout at the Cave. It wasn’t as intense as that last full body workout ─ the one that made everything hurt and had me walking like Frankenstein, but I was feeling it and couldn’t move as quickly as I was trying to move.

At any rate, just as I reached the stairs, HMG ended up right behind me and went first to post to the two first floor doors. I grabbed the stair's rails, pushed and propelled myself up the stairs to get to the door and inside with him hot on my heels.

Luckily, I had keys in hand and was able to open the door, get inside, slam the door shut, just as he got to next door neighbor’s door.

Sometimes I think I’m over reacting because he’s finally wearing a mask when out and about on the property, but better safe than sorry. I’ll continue to avoid him like the plague. Pun intended.

It was hours before I got around to opening the door to see what was posted, which turned out to be the Monthly Calendar, along with a package of Cheddar Goldfish (yuk!), a square of fabric ─ label says “Made in China ...Distributed by Oriental Trading” and two elastic hair bands.


Weird.

I don’t get the fabric square or the hair bands, but okay.

The enclosed calendar tells me we have President’s Day coming up on the 15th.

Thank the Lord that day no longer involves No. 45.

The calendar also indicates Activity Director is hosting “February Craft Kits” Tuesday, February 9 ... call Activity Director if interested.

It was “crafts” so I was interested, called and found it’s not a group session.

That’s good, because I wasn’t doing a group session. Not even if it was outdoors and we were spaced.

Activity Director tells me the kit is a painting craft and the kit will be dropped off at the doors of those who’ve requested.

Works for me.

Continuing to check on status of Old Guy ─ upstairs, across the quad, I’m seeing signs of life. Lights have been turned on at night, turned off early morning and, returning from the Pain Cave yesterday, his car was gone ─ indicating he was out and about.

So it appears all is well in the quad.

On another note, my mask guy has outdone himself by coming up with a line of fabulous sunglass style face shields. Of course, I had to order one or two.

I ordered a holographic rainbow clear.


I also ordered a purple green holographic.


Sweetheart that he is, he threw in an orange green holographic for free.


A nose bridge allows the shields to fit comfortably on my nose, even over my glasses and there’s 100 percent anti-fog visibility.

These will be great for when I don’t want anyone to see my face not made up and to add as an accessory to my cosplay outfits once the pandemic is done with us and group run/walks start back up.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Going to wear one next time I shop inside at Best Buy. Give the security guy that followed me around last time a reason to be suspicious next time. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Alright girl......you work those eye face shields with your bad self!!!! Your bringing the chic pandemic realness Ms. Thing!!!!

    Im like you. If anyone gets into my personal space I start to feel un-easy... and either slow down or walker faster, but don't mean to be rude or impersonal, I just don't want to get sick. Our grounds maintenance here has been excellent with mask wearing, and three times a week, they sanitize the door pulls and railings down everywhere. It actually smells clean.

    And Im loving the rhinestone mask... I think Pam Demic might need one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely! I'm doing it because I don't want to get sick. Sounds like you've got a better Maintenance crew than we do. I'd have a heart attack if I saw our people sanitizing anything, which is why I always carry wipes. "Chic realness" ... I like it. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That purple and green face shield makes your face look like a fly :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought but a bug. This is so wrong, but would be funny to answer the door wearing the bug shield on Halloween. Scare off trick or treaters ... that is if we ever get any.

      Delete
  4. does your friend sell these somewhere? Love 'em and my husband as a contractor would love this no fog shield.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bandanna and pony tail holders could be a crude kit for a DIY mask.
    I wonder if a store will allow you in with a mask and one of those colored face shields? Anyone could rob a bank in one of those!
    I look forward to you incorporating them into your cosplay outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clear rainbow mask probably will pass in a store. The others probably not. And, running into Apache this morning, he tells me the fabric and hair bands are indeed meant for a DIY mask. That fabric is cheap, thin, and I don't see it offering much in the way of virus protection.

      Delete
  6. Interesting face shields. I might just get one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Two elastic Hair Bands and Bandanna, there is this You Tube Video Princess T shared with me on how to make a Pandemic Mask with those items, very clever actually... but as to the Goldfish, complete Mystery there as to intent and Purpose? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their mistake was assuming us residents would know what to do with those items without instructional material. I'm a crafter and I didn't figure it out, so I doubt many will. I guess management meant well in giving us anything at all but, with no activities due to covid, they're saving a boat load of the money budgeted for activities and could have done better, like gift certificates to the market. Apache tells me some packets contained candy bars instead of goldfish. I'd have rather the candy :-)

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed with those shields.

    ReplyDelete