Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Twelve Days Later

Well, whatdoyaknow ... the two missing packets of photos turned up in my mailbox yesterday.

I don’t know if it was a guilty conscious or the grapevine that moved the confiscator into turning them over, but turn them over the individual did ... and the packets were not opened, seal was still in tact.

So where were they for twelve days?

And what was the confiscator doing with them for twelve days?

My guess is the confiscator wasn’t sure the delivery couldn’t be traced back, so they were holding onto and would open when they felt it was safe to do so.

I dunno.

Inasmuch as the packets were not left at my door, I’m assuming the confiscator didn't want to risk being seen returning and, as the individual did not want to be seen, I seriously doubt they handed the packets to the mail carrier saying they’d received by mistake ─ especially since so many days had transpired.

Instead, the confiscator probably just surreptitiously dropped them into the outgoing mail slot and, when the mail carrier opened outgoing, saw the packets already had a completed tracking label, put them into my slot ─ the correct slot this time. If it was the regular mail person, she would have recognized my name and known which mail slot to drop into.

At any rate, even though I no longer need the photos ─ because I reordered and completed my scrapbooking project, I’m happy to know where the photos are .... with ME, not in the possession of some creepy guy.

Nothing else going on around here except, I forget which day it was, the Activity Director did drop a craft kit off at my door.

Inside was the makings of a valentine door wreath, supplies to paint little wooden hearts, a wood picture frame for painting, and a brown wood heart for painting.


I’ve no use for the little hearts or the picture frame but, inasmuch as the kit contained instructions for the wreath, I gave it a try.

Heart and flowers are not my thing, but it came out cute, so I posted it to the door so Activity Director can feel good about her efforts and perhaps come up with other drop off craft ideas for us.


The brown heart turned out to be a refrigerator magnet, and I so liked the grain on the wood that I kept it as is and stuck it on the fridge door.


12 comments:

  1. your wreath turned out well; it's not my thing either. and you have your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not seeing many wreaths on doors around here. Residents either hung them inside or didn't do the project.

      Delete
  2. A friend mailed me a card at the end of December. It took 14 days to get from Virginia to Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm naive, but I wonder if the person who accidentally got your first batch of photos was out of town, doesn't check their mailbox on a regular basis, or is so scatterbrained they carried them into their unit and piled something on top of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all Photos were recovered and unopened, less of a Creep factor... perhaps. That said, I've had some really screwy Mail delays so it's not beyond the Post Office to have some Mail Purgatory that eventually gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your photos showed up, even if under mysterious circumstances! And I love your heart wreath -- so cute and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all turned out well. Love that you used the little hearts etc. as it will encourage AD to do more.
    Does your fridge have ceramic cowboy boots and a cowboy hat on top? What a gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yes Jan .. ceramic boots and the hat is actually a stapler. The stapler was gifted to me by a coworker years ago, along with a saddle tape dispenser, which I is still packed up with memorabilia I put in the outdoor storage area.

      Delete
  7. That's so very strange about the two packets of photos. Maybe you can put one of them in the frame and an other on the magnet. Yeah, that's a cute wreath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strange, but I'm glad whoever turned them over finally did the right thing. I can't think of anyone, a photo of myself included, that I'd put in a heart frame, but I'll hang onto it cause one never knows.

      Delete