Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A Royal Mission My Arse

It so bothered me a week or so ago when I saw something advertised on television that I recorded and set aside for blog fodder.

Today is as good as any to get this off my chest.



He speaks of ... Reconnect us?

Speaks of ... A planet for us all?

Dares to speak those words after the way the royals have treated, and continue to treat, Megan ... and Harry.

They treat the couple in a manner that speaks of so not reconnecting ... a planet for us all except Megan in particular.

Phooey on him. What a hypocrite.

Needless to say, I did not watch the broadcast.

In other news ... months and months ago, I thought it would be a good idea to invest in an automobile dash cam, as I frequently see things on the road I’d have liked to have captured on film.

After receiving the device, I couldn’t spare the time to learn how to use it because my focus was completing Twin 2’s needlepoint.

Which needlepoint, by the way, was displayed on Twin 2’s Facebook page, with many commenting with adjectives such as “beautiful ... amazing”.

One over the top commenter called the canvas “a spirit lifting love fest”, to which Twin 2 replied, “Indeed. I’m so moved that she would spend so much time on me”.

That made me laugh because, all us mothers do ─ to a certain age, is spend time on our children.

Guess she didn’t think of that.

Even, after our kids are grown and on their own, we still end up devoting quite a lot of time to them.

The Spock part of my brain prompted me to Google just how much time.

Turns out, I spent 3,594 plus hours on that needlepoint and 157,680 hours on just the first 18 years of Twin 2’s life. Some of it hard time ... very hard time. Not as hard as Twin 1, but nevertheless sometimes difficult.

So, anyway, back to the dash cam. Now that I’m not consumed with finishing a needlepoint project, I’ve slowly been working my way through the dash cam instruction manual.

First I found I had to order, pick up and install a memory card. That done, next was to consider placement, on the windshield, for the adhesive mount.


Having worked that out, while attaching the dash cam to the mount, I realized it was to be a permanent placement and quickly detached the dash cam from the mount before it took because I didn’t want to temp the criminal element into smashing my windows to get to the dash cam.

I couldn’t get the adhesive mount off the windshield, it’s there for perpetuity. But at least I was quick enough to be able to get the dash cam off.

Researching and not finding a portable mount that wasn’t too complicated for me to figure out, I came up with my own solution and, yesterday, took the dash cam for a trial run to/from Best Buy, where I had an appointment for the Geeks to work out why a nearly new iPod would not recharge, why the battery registered as dead.

Redneck Portable Dash Cam Mount

Can you tell what it is?

That it’s wadded up duck tape?

At any rate, it worked ─ I position the dash cam on top of the wad when I head out, lift it off the wad when I return, and this solution cost me nothing ─ as I have all manner of duct tape on hand.


As for the iPod, it turned on and worked perfectly when the Geek took a look at it; and, when he ran a diagnosis, he could find not a single thing wrong with the battery.

Go figure.

4 comments:

  1. I go hot and cold about a dash cam. It would be my luck it would catch me doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it comes with an instruction booklet in tiny print, I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Tiny doesn't even come close to describing instructions. I didn't even try. Instead, I went online for instructions.

      Delete