Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Holding My Breath

Received tracking notification that the second set of photos has shipped, due to arrive on the 12th.

I’m holding my breath that the two photo packets are placed in MY mail slot this time. If not, there will be a third print request indicating “pickup” rather than mail to home.

I have a feeling that, sooner or later, I’ll know who it is that’s confiscated the first set of photos because one of two things will happen.

One, when I pass the culprit on the property, he will have a twinge of guilty conscious that will cause him to look down at the ground, rather than up at my eyes OR, instead of a twinge of conscious, he will be the kind of person who feels they’ve put one over and smirk.

Either way, when I see the tell tail sign, I’ll know and have decided I’ll point at the person in a way that says “It’s you. I know it and you know it”.

That should make him feel uncomfortable thinking that somehow I’ve found him out if he's guilty, think nothing of the pointing as anything other than a greeting if innocent.

Two, the culprit will brag or show and tell or another resident visiting the culprit’s unit will see my pics, spill the beans, and the grapevine will do the rest. To this end, I’m going to alert my buddy Apache and Handsome Man to keep their eyes and ears open.

In the end, somehow I’ll find out or the Universe will just let me know … it generally always does.

Other than trying to get photos to complete the Creative Memory album, this month is all about appointments.

First is a dental appointment for a cleaning. Hopefully Dr. McDreamy is in office, so I can get my fix of handsome.

Another appointment is computer related.

I don’t know if the puter has a virus or it’s just a symptom of the latest unsolicited unwanted Microsoft upgrade, but it keeps locking and shutting itself off.

Getting an appointment for tech service is much like getting an appointment for the Covid virus shot in that appointments are few and far between, but I’ve got one towards end of month. That is .. an appointment with the Geek Squad, not anywhere for the shot. I’m not planning on getting the shot until I learn more about what the long-term effects are.

The other appointment is for that Apple iPod. Less than a year old, it stopped working little over a month ago, won’t recharge and the battery light indicates dead as a doornail.

Pre-pandemic, I could walk in and get both items serviced same time. Now it all by appointments only and separate appointments for separate items.

So many petty annoyances this month and, with so many desperate people on the loose in the neighborhood, it’s not safe to get out and walk it off. In fact, crime is on the rise all over. It’s not safe anywhere.

All in all, I’m looking at a risk-taking month — going places I really don’t want to go but of necessity must, while holding my breath pics are delivered correctly.

13 comments:

  1. (cr)apple products suck ass. sorry you have to put up with criminals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about Apple. Criminals are EVERYWHERE, even in the Senate.

      Delete
  2. Do you use ccleaner on your computer? I use the free version and it works fine. ccleaner.com; ccleaner free; download.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike. Think I figured out what the problem was. Not a virus, loose connection causing puter to run on battery rather than wall juice.

      Delete
  3. It's creepy knowing that someone has, and is holding onto your personal photographs. Hope you do run into them and can spot the behavior.
    That aside, can you get reprints of the lost ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone stole your personal Photos?! How creepy is that!!!!!!!! I do hope you recover them or at the very least find out who the Thief is, they cannot pretend they did not know it wasn't theirs... I mean... PHOTOS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably bad of me but , if you meet the person who behaves as you indicated ( guilty) I would be so tempted to politely ask " Ah, am I right in thinking that my photos were accidentally delivered to your place?" Then watch for a reaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, so far, most of the men I've seen looks guilty, lol. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

      Delete
    2. You know, I was thinking that if someone was being too much of a Flirt, it could be them?

      Delete
    3. No. Handsome is too up front for that, but I'm beginning to have my suspicions about someone else I recently spoke with.

      Delete