Saturday, February 20, 2021

Six Degrees of Lady Gaga


That was me yesterday, when I stopped into the market after the morning’s workout.

As I was coming out of an aisle, an old guy passing in front of the aisle coughed. I stopped dead in my tracks.

His one cough turned into another, and then it turned into one of those old people phlegm coughs.

He was well beyond six feet from me, thankfully was wearing a mask, yet and still I said to myself “NOPE”, did a 180 and walked all the way around to the opposite side of the store to get to the check stand. I wanted nothing of the air surrounding old guy ...... just in case.

Before this incident, I was heading from the refrigerated section (eggs) to veggies and a display of oreo cookies caught my attention.


How cool is that! Lady Gaga Oreos.

It later occurred to me that instead of snapping a photo, I should have taken a selfie with the cookies because ─ six degrees from Lady Gaga, I was wearing one of my mask guy creations and he’s one her costume designers.

Once back at the complex, I tried my hand at something I’ve seen on John’s Going Gently blog ... a scotch egg.

John’s recipe called for “lean pork mince”. I don’t eat pork or beef, so I substituted lean ground turkey.

So far so good, as I decided to bake in the oven, leave off the panko bread crumbs.


Still seemed so far so good, when I removed from the oven.


Moment of truth would come when sliced in half.


Success!

Not as lovely as John’s scotch egg, but good enough for me, tasted great, and I’ve got one left over for today’s lunch.

In other news ... I don’t know about anyone else, but I am thoroughly enjoying the Ted Cruz Cancun debacle.

Talk about Karmic Justice.

After failing to put country ahead of party at the second impeachment, country ahead of his political aspirations, after all his many hypocrisies, could it be that a trip will be his undoing?

I doubt it, but one can hope.

Other than enjoying the bashing Ted is getting in the news and on twitter, I’m also ROFLMAO while reading Snowflake’s (Ted's dog) thoughts about being left alone. Snowflake has a twitter page and talks about how he didn’t care much for dad being shamed into coming home early because, though he missed the kids, dad not so much. Snowflake also posted “The only treats I’m getting are the memes bagging on dad”.


Such a fun twitter page. I hope it lives on.

16 comments:

  1. cruz is a SEDITIONIST and should be IN JAIL! and who the hell leaves a dog alone in a freezing house? the dog should be confiscated by the ASPCA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are calling for him to resign. Fat chance! Smug bastard will probably be voted to another term.

      Delete
  2. I had the same experience in a store the other day, when a woman began coughing and coughing and then lowered her mask as I got near. I saw the mask down, turned, and as I was walking away she said, "Are you really walking away from me because I'm coughing?"
    "Yes," And I kept moving!!
    Good on your for the Scotch Egg!
    And, yes, I too am loving #FledCruz and all the Tweets and stories and the outright lies coming from his mouth and from Fox News.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe she had the nerves to question your walking away. I'd expect the same if I began coughing AND, in fact, I'd have left my groceries, gone outside, THEN taken off my mask to couch so as to be considerate of others.

      Delete
  3. The other day I was eating my lunch as I drove from errand to errand. I had a piece of carrot get stuck in my throat, which caused me to cough. Thought I had taken care of the problem in the car, but halfway through my trip through the grocery store it started again. I felt like hanging a sign around my neck explaining the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Did everyone run from you? LOL. They probably wouldn't have believed you had you explained. Sometimes I'm so worried that I might let out a cough that I almost make myself cough, so I carry cough drops and pop into my mouth when I feel the thought might cause a cough.

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you on bailing on the coughing guy. No sense taking a chance when you have no idea where he's been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad that we now run the other way, rather than show concern, asking if the person is okay, needs water. BUT it is what it is. Being kind and concerned these days can get a person sick.

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you made the Scotch eggs! Years ago I sent John a recipe using ground turkey and baked in the oven. I don't believe he ever tried it. I made the original recipe using ground pork and served it to friends from Michigan. It was many years later that the wife told me she had been horrified that I'd served her "cold pork", and there was me thinking it was a treat...
    The expression "Bless you" has gone for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These eggs are a dish I can see myself taking to a potluck ... that is if the pandemic ever ends and we have potlucks around here in future. A lot less work than the deviled eggs I was famous around here for.

      Delete
    2. A half of a Scotch egg is a full size portion for most people. We also make a delicious egg and mushroom spread ( Lithuanian), can also be used as a deviled egg filling.

      Delete
    3. Half is how I handled the second one, which turned into lunch yesterday and breakfast this morning.

      Delete
    4. a Scotch Egg.... interesting

      Delete
    5. Delicious, right? I have not made them in a while but feel motivated to try again. So simple and so great.

      Delete
  6. I too find the Cruz debacle delightful as he heads to Mexico while our government tells us to stay out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is it he keeps getting elected? I could understand when we were allowed to vote straight party - one check and done - but that is not allowed any more.

    ReplyDelete