Saturday, February 13, 2021

Second Time’s the Charm

The rain storm I woke up to yesterday morning, thankfully ran its course, eased up and stopped altogether before I had to leave for my workout. However, when I was getting dressed, I dressed for rain and I had a moment of ─ what can only be called excitement, when it occurred to me ... It’s raining. I should wear my rainbow hair band and rainbow face mask. Thinking about that thought later, it seemed such a sad commentary on life, as we now know it, that one is excited about deciding which mask to wear.

I think it was April when I first began wearing a mask. It was one of the in-demand and hard to obtain N15's, that I was fortunate to have a supply of on hand ─ left over from when I’d required protection from the poor air quality we were left with after multiple fires broke out around us. From there, I moved onto homemade masks, until I hooked up with glamour mask guy. Since then, inasmuch as masks are a necessity, I try to have fun with them ─ matching to leggings and such, but yesterday was the first day I actually got excited about wearing one.

Fauci says we will be in masks for “several several more months”, so the fun and excitement will continue, whether we want it to or not.

After yesterday’s workout, I captured a rainbow selfie on the way out, with Trainer in the background.


Arriving back at the complex, I headed straight for the mailbox.

Lo and Behold, second time’s the charm, USPS got it right, pictures were in my mailbox ..... well, USPS kinda sorta got it right because, along with my photos was a key to unlock one of the lock boxes indicating I’d received a package too large to fit into the mail slot.

I couldn’t remember having ordered anything else, but it’s not uncommon for me to forget, so I used the key, opened the lock the box and there was a box labeled "beauty items" ─ not for me, not my name, not my unit number, but for a resident in one of the other buildings.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!, thought I.

First the scrapbooking supplies, then the photos, now someone else's package.

Is the mail carrier on drugs?

It can’t be our regular mail carrier. She knows me and has been so good at her job ─ seeing to it I get my deliveries, even walking deliveries to my door, that I gave her a Starbucks Gift Card for Christmas in appreciation.

She must be on vacation.

Must be someone new.

At any rate, I immediately walked the box over to the correct unit and thought to myself how easy it would have been for the individual who confiscated my first set of photos to do likewise. You look down at what you have, see it’s not yours, no need to even take it into your unit, just walk it over to the correct unit. Easy Peasy.

The man at the door was a resident I’d seen around for maybe three years. I’d even blogged about him once, named him “The Preacher” because, though I hardly said anything more to him than good morning, one time we did get into a discussion about something No. 45 was doing or had caused to happen, and Preacher’s response was, “I always go by the bible”. After which, he began to refer to the Book of Revelations and how everything that’s happened with No. 45 was prophesized.

He wasn’t wrong, but it felt like he was coming from a high place, talking down to me ─ mansplaining like I was some idiot woman and he this all-knowing male.

At any rate, the delivery was for his wife, who I don’t know but who he says I’ve probably seen around. We talked a bit about how deliveries are going wrong and how not everyone around here does the right thing with what they receive, and how those that don’t do the right thing don’t realize they bring bad luck upon themselves. I mentioned my photos.

So, word about the missing photos is slowly making the rounds on the grapevine.

Inasmuch as USPS deliveries are going so wrong around here, unless I can find another delivery service, I may have to take the risk and return to in-store shopping for my beauty products and craft supplies.

16 comments:

  1. Love the mask! Perfect for a rainy day ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trainer is a handsome thing. and so glad you got your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell him that someone who saw his photo thought him handsome. Will make his day :-)

      Delete
  3. I think your headband and mask would make anyone smile to see you! So joyful!
    We are not used to snow here (WA) and expecting 1-5 in today. Not going out today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closest I've ever been to snow is looking off in the distance at the snow capped mountains. That's close enough for me. :-)

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you got your photos. I hope I'm wring, but I think we'll be wearing masks for a lot longer than Dr. Fauci says.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're right. Fauci said "months and months", I heard all this year and into next year. :-(

      Delete
  5. I am angry at what the Trump admin has done to the USPS. Turning this work over to the private sector will solve absolutely nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating. Especially, since packages misdelivered and not turned over has happened four times before ... makeup, clothing, a craft book. Maybe we should go back to days of the Pony Express. LOL.

      Delete
  6. "Porch pirates" exist in apartment blocks too, the bastards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here, they don't even have to pirate the items. Instead of delivering correctly, USPS just hands items over to them.

      Delete
  7. Thanks! and thanks for visiting. You're new to me, so I popped over to your blog. Running at 67 and a quarter is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got your supplies, we get a lot of Mail mix-ups here, but we're still fairly new here so I attribute it to that, and to the fact the previous Owners of this property never put in a Forwarding Address so a lot of their Mail still comes here even a Year later! There are a lot of random people who've put this as their Address too which is really Weird since Neighbors on each side of us have lived here since the 1970's and said nobody by those Names ever lived here... so I don't even know what that's about or why someone would give an Address to receive Mail where they have never lived? Good to see Trainer and get a Face with the Stories now. I have a mental image of what some of the people might look like, Apache especially. How did Apache receive his 'Nickname' and is that what everyone calls him or just your moniker for him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just my moniker for him here on the blog. And "apache" because that's his proud heritage. I forget whether he told me he was raised on the reservation or off, but he gets a lot of perks from the government for being a full blood apache and that warrior spirit really comes out when he's angry :-)

      Delete