Friday, February 12, 2021

Out for Delivery


To say it’s raining cats and dogs this morning would be an understatement, and I think I brought it on myself.

How you ask.

After that last rain storm, expecting the wet weather wasn’t through with us yet, I’d kept my umbrella and boots near the front door. However, we’ve had such nice weather since that, yesterday, I decided to return the umbrella and boots to the back closet. While doing so, I thought to myself ... if I move these, it will probably start raining again. Sure enough, I woke up to cats, dogs this morning.

Not wanting to swim to the Pain Cave, I’m tempted to opt out today, but no. Not exercising nearly as much as I should, on off Pain Cave days, I can’t afford to not workout today.

The second set of photos is due to arrive today. Checking tracking I see the status is “out for delivery”. Hopefully the photos make it to the correct mailbox this time.

As for the first set of photos, the ones placed in the wrong mail slot and can't be traced, I haven’t yet run into my buddy Apache to ask him to keep an eye out for who has possession of the photos when chatting it up with the fellas or visiting other units. I did, however, run into Handsome Man, who made a good point — that the individual keeping the photos was not only violating my privacy but committing a theft of property crime.

At any rate, Handsome said he’d keep an eye out, let me know if he sees or hears anything, then started in again on how he’s looking for a “good woman”.

We’d already established in a prior conversation that woman would not be me, because I’m much too happy with my status quo to risk letting some guy enter my life and disrupt its peaceful flow, so I suggested he might take an interest in my Next Door Neighbor. After all, she did express interest in him years ago. She'd invited him to dinner, he accepted and I heard no more about it, but I didn't tell him I knew all this. Instead, I said "_______ is single".

“Oh nooooooooo” was his reply as he looked away from me, shook his head and shuttered.

Whaaaaaaaat?!, thought I.

What’s the extreme reaction about?

I continued with “Why? …. She’s nice looking”.

Again, he looked away, shook his head and uttered an emphatic, “Nooooo! ... No thanks!”.

Puzzling.

“You’re just too hard to please”, said I as I turned to head to my unit.

“As are you”, he replied.

Touché ... I am, but how did he know? LOL.

On another note, I’m not watching any of the Impeachment proceedings. It’s a bad movie. A movie we already knew the ending before the movie even started. A movie with a zero % rotten tomatoes rating.

12 comments:

  1. It's like I'm watching a soap opera I love it. Handsome man I picture a Lyle Waggoner type. HA HA 'Flirtin' at The Senior Center.' I'd have to get some dirt out of him on that empathtic no. I'm nosey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Lyle type, but can't think of anyone to compare him to ... other than he looks a lot like my ex husband, which is not working in his favor. LOL. I can't say I'm not curious about the empathic no. I can't imagine what could have transpired between the two, in that short a time, with what seems to be minimal contact. Since I live next door, I know there was just the one dinner and one other time I saw him visit, plus chatting in the courtyard once, but no way to find out what could have happened without getting myself in trouble with either him or her.

      Delete
    2. It'a amazing what comes out eventually with the passage of time!

      Delete
  2. want some snow? I have 25" in my back yard frozen solid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks. I'll stick to rain. I'd die in that much snow.

      Delete
  3. We are going to have our first below zero temps here in many years. The polar vortex is closing in on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Noooooo not the polar vortex, I say to myself as I google what the polar vortex is.

      Delete
  4. Gotta admit we've watched some of the impeachment trial. Some folks have sawdust for brains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't handle anymore watching or reading about the GQP's dogged determination to always do what's best for their careers, rather than what's best for the country.

      Delete
  5. The whole Impeachment Trial was like Kangaroo Court and we ALL knew the expected ending. Your exchange with Handsome Man made me Smile and I don't blame you for making it clear you're not interested. Something about a Guy always mentioning he's looking for a Good Woman sends up a Red Flag for me. Your Peaceful flow is much too priceless to have a disturbance in The Force to enter into the Dating Arena. Heaven Forbid if anything ever happened to The Man, I would doubt I would ever Date again, I'd be content to remain a Single Widow.

    ReplyDelete