Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Waste of Time, Energy, Money, Part 2

I’m already over my disappointment that yesterday’s St Patrick’s Day Potluck consisted of hot dogs, and though I maintain the position it was a waste of my time and energy, it turned out not to be a waste of money. I received word last night that the ice cream got eaten, ALL two gallons.
Yet and still, though they did try to accommodate people with issues like mine with turkey dogs and a deli veggie tray (which I didn’t see until I was on the way out), I’m done contributing to potlucks.
And would you believe today is another pig out day for the seniors – this month’s Community Breakfast.
If they want photos for posting to the Facebook page, someone will have to take them themselves and send to me for posting, because I’m opting to keep to myself until everyone works out their differences with each other.
What’s going on is juvenile, silly and I don’t understand the how of it or the why of it, especially since those not getting along are all church people. They never miss a Sunday, go to bible studies during the week, walk around talking the talk with “Praise Jesus” … “I’m blessed”, etc., but then don’t walk the walk. And that’s what’s really sad about it -- they don’t seem to realize they’re not walking the walk.
It reminds me of what I observed as a child, that my mom was a so-called deeply religious person, an usher in the church even and, as soon as we’d get home from church, I’d hear her on the telephone being critical of what this one wore, what that one did, what was said, what was heard – just a lot of malicious gossiping.
It’s where I learned the meaning of the word “hypocrite” and it left a bad taste in my mouth insofar as conventional religion.
Not helping that bad taste is that some of the worst behavior I’ve had to tolerate in dealing with people in life has been that of so-called religious people.
One of the ladies here recently invited me to church (oh, and by the way, they all go to the same church). My reply was, “I don’t do church. I’m a contemplative. I not a Buddhist, but I meditate”.
I’m not knocking church. Though I’m an awake individual, church having nothing for me at this stage, and notwithstanding so many come out of church talking the talk but not walking the walk, church has its purpose.
At any rate, folks have been commenting about not seeing much of me lately, asking me, when they do see me, “What’s going on … What have you been doing?”
“This and that” has been my response.
The folks will now be seeing even less of me (except, if The Baker hosts her annual Egg Coloring event, I’ll definitely go to that). Now when seen and asked, “What’s going on … What have you been doing?” my response will be, “Staying away from all the negativity”.
A chant we used to say in high school just came to mind, “My name is Emmet and I ain’t in it”.
On tap for today is driving a few cities over to pick up orders at an Amazon Locker.
The super bowl of inspections is tomorrow and Friday. I’ll have to get up early, make sure I’ve my makeup on and dressed in case my unit is on the list, as it begins at 8:00 a.m.
The next Residents/Management meeting is on the 15th, where I suppose we’ll hear the results, maybe even get a follow-up on Apache's deceased neighbor and Assistant Maintenance Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment