Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Validated

I think I’d blogged some time ago about how the nights had been so cold that I’d been sleeping in a hoodie, with a heavy quilt on top of me, another quilt I’d made some time ago on top of that one, and an afghan my daughter made for me on top of that.
Last night I slept all warm and snuggly like a baby, because I’d had the bright idea to purchase a onesie for the next cold snap, which was last night.
I’d looked at a couple onesies online and saw some really cute fuzzy animals, superheroes but, inasmuch as I’m into denim, camo and Americana, I opted for this one.


You can’t believe how good it felt and, waking up to a somewhat chilly unit, there was no need to run the heater.
I’m probably going to end up with a collection of onesies, some with feet in them.
With nothing better to do with my time today, I decided to head down to the Community Room and people watch this Pizza Tuesday.
Generally, so many pizzas and side dishes are donated that there’s leftovers -- even after folks take two or three each. This time there wasn’t enough to go around and the pizzas were fresh, not frozen.
Speculation is management is cutting off Pizza Tuesday, that this may be the last. Won’t know how true that is until next Tuesday, but a lot does seem to be going on as Corporate Boss Lady was on the premises and her being here is a sign something’s up.
And something definitely is up because the lights were off in Community Manager’s office. Word is she’s been suspended for 30 days.
Why I do not know, probably will never know except maybe the complex didn’t pass that inspection after all or passed with a lower rating than Corporate is willing to accept.
Either way, I hope she’s going to be okay. Though I’d like to see her return, I’m not sure working for this corporation is the best thing for her, so I’m just going to trust the Universe to do what’s best for her.
Remember when I’d blogged that The Seer was having visions of dominos falling?
First was Assistant Maintenance Guy, now it’s the Community Manager's suspension. On top of that, I’m told there’s a new rule coming into play when we pay our monthly rent.  When we turn in our checks and money orders, we are now required to sign a log. That sounds like Corporate is initiating a system whereby they can double check what management is reporting.
This you won’t believe but, leaving the Community Room, stopping at the mailbox on my way back to my unit, I ran into Handsome Guy.
“What did you do about your Dish situation?” asked I. (Management had notified him that he could not have his Dish attached to the patio rail and couldn’t have it at all without insurance).
“I’m getting insurance”, said he. Then he said, “What do you think of J____’s (The Seer’s) new boyfriend.
“OMG, you see it too ... the way he hovers around her, always in her space?”
“Yes, and there’s something wrong with him. He's mental”.
“I don't know about mental, but I’ve had that same feeling, that something is just not right”.
“You can see it in his eyes. Look at his face. He’s 51/50. You know what 51/50 is right?”
I knew 51/50 is generally used when referring to someone going off the deep end, but Handsome Guy explained it as “Crazy ... Mean. That guy is Mean. You can see it in his eyes”.
“I can’t tell by looking at his face. It’s just a feeling I have that something is not right. But what surprises me is that J_____ (The Seer) isn’t picking up on it as she's usually very intuitive.”
“That’s because she’s desperate. She told me herself that she wanted a man in her life. She won’t see it until something happens, until he shows his true self.”
So there you have it. My sense perception has been validated, and the fact that Handsome Guy is deep enough to have intuited it as well and, like me, is aware of why The Seer's vision is blocked, has elevated him in my eyes.
Before Handsome Guy and I went our way, I asked him, “He says he has a Purple Heart. Do you believe him?”
“No. He’s crazy. Be careful. You know where I am if you need me."
Once back in my unit, I logged into the National Purple Heart site, searched the guy’s name, and he was not listed.
In all fairness however, the site does say, “If you did not receive a search result for the person you entered, this likely means that the person has not been enrolled in the Roll of Honor. Enrollment is voluntary as there is no comprehensive list of Purple Heart recipients in existence."

No comments:

Post a Comment