Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Weekend Update, Part 2

Sunday’s parade began promptly 10 a.m. sharp with Dykes on Bikes, followed shortly by Hamburger Mary — which I had a senior moment and continuously referred to as Proud Mary.




With the usual parade fluff of Cheerleaders, Marching Bands, Dignitaries extending the parade to 2-1/2 hours long, what follows will be the more interesting bits and pieces.


I began fangirling hard when Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence showed up.



Twin 1 was in the groove.




Wait for what rolls through at the end of this next video.



Long Beach is replete with ghosts, due to the Queen Mary. So, who you gonna call?






It ain't a party until the popo show up.













Crocheted male genitalia for Sale $45.


No, I did not want to buy, but Twin 1 was ready to spring for one until I reminded that her sister (Twin 2) is a crochet genius.

I sent that photo to Twin 2, and she's already working on it.






And thus the weekend's adventure ends. I now return to my regularly scheduled routine, starting with a workout this morning.

15 comments:

  1. This looks like a riotous good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. They've been around for so long and do so much good charity. And probably the most famous is Sister Roma, she is just plain fabulous. I myself cannot wait till Philadelphia Pride. Always a good time. Your daughter's a trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the clips and the photos! I really enjoyed this. I want those rebound boots! I miss Hamburger Mary’s. What a fun place that was in San Diego. I miss Proud Mary, too, and kept expecting you to break into song — and dance. Rollin’ on the river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach is still going strong. They had a whole stage at the Festival where various Queens performed, some of whom had been on Drag Race.

      Delete
    2. The Hamburger Mary's in St. Louis closed in 2020.

      Delete
  4. Now THAT'S a crochet project! Great photos and videos! "Sun's out, buns out!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post a pic of Twin 2's work up against the example.

      Delete
  5. I love a Pride parade; such joy ... and butts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like the lyrics from Nelly's Hot in Heere .... good gracious asses bodacious.

      Delete