Monday, May 27, 2024

Memorial Day


Those are the flags flying on the patio of the No. 45 loving neighbor who lives around the corner. Evidently, she's retired Air Force.

Impressive woman.

Nice woman

Terrible taste in ex-presidents.

No three-day weekend for moi. In fact, it’s only a mere few hours into the day, the week, and I’m exhausted already.

After a peaceful restful weekend with no little knock knock, this morning started off well enough, but things went sideways halfway through this morning’s workout when I began to feel worn out, depleted of energy.

At the end of the session, when I told Trainer I was exhausted, he said, "You pulled 50 pounds".

SAY WHAT NOW?!

Instead of the usual High Cable Standing Row, Trainer repositioned the cable, had me perform a Low Cable Standing Row, which I thought nothing of as I'm adapt at the former. However, turns out pulling down on 50 pounds is a whole lot easier than pulling up on 50 pounds.

I survived ……… barely, and would have liked nothing better than to call it a day, head straight back to the complex for a rest. However, having run out of eggs, kale and a few other essentials, I had to drag my tired self to the market, where I expected a Memorial Day crush.

The creepy security guard that replaced the other creepy security guard back in March was at his station, only he’s no longer a bother as I’ve ignored him often enough for him to realize giving me leering eyes was a waste of his time ……… that this one (me) is not friendly.

He has no game insofar as I can see, but I’ve seen the leering work on two other probably desperate women.

Hope they don't catch an STD from him.

As for the crush, all hands were on deck, so I was in/out faster than on a regular marketing day, except I stopped to chat with a guy about the bird on his shoulder.


Meet Bubbles

Bubbles is not attached to anything, so can easily fly off, escape, which the owner says Bubbles has done a time or two.

"How do you catch him?" asked I.

"I chase and he eventually comes back".

Bubbles is five months old and, when the owner’s daughter went to pet him, the owner said, "Watch this".

The daughter had to quickly snatch her hand back as Bubbles tried to fend her off with a bite, which I attempted to capture, but the action was so fast that I caught the hand pulling back, but you can see by the way Bubbles is mad dogging her that he means business ……… "Do not touch me", LOL.


Speaking of looks, it later occurred to me the security guard was watching my interaction with the bird’s owner, possibly thinking I’m friendly after all and will test that theory when I next walk by his station with diasterous results ……… for him.

22 comments:

  1. I need to start lifting weights again. I can feel my muscles disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be afraid Bubbles might not come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two attempts to escape, so it might eventually happen.

      Delete
  3. Funny how birds can get attached...you wouldn't think they would. I knew people who had Ravens visited their windows everyday same time to get a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn’t risk losing Bubbles that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor would I, but I wouldn't want to chain it either. What to do, what to do.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Would make a great Halloween costume. All the owner would need is a pirate's hat.

      Delete
  6. If the learing security guard tries to reach you, you must prepare to bite just like Bubbles. That's a cute birdie. A lovely man in Lahaina Hawaii has a troup of beautiful tropical birds. Visitors can have their pics taken with several of the birds on their arms, hands, and head. I have a pic of my son with those birds at 16 years old, and later, again at 34 years old. (Not sure a bird inside a store is legal, but he'd bite a cop probably.) Have fun. Don't drop the 50 pounds on your foot. That's the weight lifting requirement ability for nurses. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about being in the store, as they don't allow pets unless it's a service animal. But the security guard is more interested in pestering women than catching shoplifters and keeping pets out.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Cute, but messy. The owner's shirt looked like Bubbles had gone to the bathroom on his shoulder area.

      Delete
  8. Other than in a pet store I've never seen a bird in a store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My second time seeing a bird in the market. Actually, two birds. They'd somehow gotten into the market and were flying around.

      Delete
  9. Cute Bird, my Dad used to raise them, highly intelligent, some can have a nasty disposition tho', just like people. *LOL* Creepy Security Guard aside, it's nice to get out and interact with non-creepers. And congrats on the Workout... I'm impressed, 50 lbs.!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took three days for my body to recover from pulling 50 pounds.

      Delete
  10. As usual, you leave the rest of us at the starting gate with Trainers difficult exercise routines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could do more. Want to do more, but my bones can't handle more.

      Delete