Monday, January 15, 2024

They’re Here

During this morning’s workout, Trainer asked if I’d heard about aliens at a Miami mall.

I said I’d flashed on a news article, didn’t bother to read it because I’d assumed it was referring to aliens crossing the border and being housed in the mall.

"No, not what was meant" said he.

The story is that a portal opened in a Miami mall, grey splotches, assumed to be alien beings, have been seen moving around in the mall, resulting in people running, screaming, followed by a huge police presence.

I’m not saying that either Trainer or I believe in alien beings, I’m also not saying that we don’t. Anything is possible, and our human experiences and knowledge are limited.

One of the theories as to why a portal would open at the mall is that the coordinates are backwards. That an alien base exists in the Antarctic’s and if you flip the coordinates of the mall, you end up in Antarctica.

So, I say to Trainer that, according to Skully and Mulder, aliens are superior beings, wouldn’t make that kind of mistake, that we humans are considered the dumb ones in the universe.

To which Trainer replied, "No matter what race, nationality, being exists, you can count on finding a few screwups in the group".

He’s got a point.

I wasn’t going to post today, had no plans to post about this morning’s conversation about aliens until, a short while ago I glanced out the patio window and saw that, in addition to still having a dresser drawer on her patio, the new resident in the quad has placed tin foil on her window.


Is that her alien repellant?

Will there be more?

And if it's a repellant, shouldn’t she be wearing it on her head instead?

24 comments:

  1. One whiff of these Republicans...and I'd think the aliens would get the hell out of Dodge!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On this planet, those repugs would be the screwups Trainer was referring to.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, don't you know? It's the apartment management lurking around! Linda in Kansas, (let me know when you hit -10 with -24 wind chill; no aliens around that weather!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's impossible weather even for a human to survive in.

      Delete
    2. So, when I go to my car, I have 3 layers on my entire body, my winter scarf for my face, a big beanie cap AND my full-length down coat with it's hood, and my 'up-to-my-knees' lined L.L.Bean winter snow boots. I put on nurses gloves first, wear winter-lined work gloves while I clear my car, then change to gloves with half-mitten covered fingers and thumb. Nope, humans and most pets can't survive it without bundling up. Send some warmth to us! Linda in cold Kansas

      Delete
    3. That's a lot to go through, but I'll bet you don't have the criminal element we have to guard ourselves against on the daily. It's too cold for criminals to run up on you to rob, carjack, etc., or try to escape with a speeding car in the frost and snow.

      Delete
  3. Make her a tinfoil hat and leave it on her patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could leave it on top of that dresser drawer, but don't want to get that close to her area.

      Delete
  4. That alien story made national news, but police say it was a brawl among 50 teenagers at a Miami shopping mall. Maybe new resident isn't taking any chances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 50 teenagers story is being disputed, so maybe, like you said, she's not taking any chances, LOL. BTW, Welcome back home.

      Delete
  5. Well, it is Florida.... You have some interesting people in your complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even have to travel for entertainment. All I need to do is look out the patio window.

      Delete
  6. Aliens at the mall? Heck, why not? I've not heard of the foil-in-the-window strategy. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they're teenage alien girls who wanted to go shopping.

      Delete
  7. I am so curious about the foil.....I wonder what it is there for....Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dare ask her, but Next Door Neighbor seems to know her and a sister of that resident who lived or may still live here. Next time I run into NDN, I'll ask her what's up with her friend's foil.

      Delete
  8. I have heard of people lining their whole window with foil to insulate against the temperatures (never could figure out the science of that), but it appears your neighbor doesn't have enough foil for her whole window. It is a strange placement. I wouldn't be wasting my foil on the inside of my windows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A tin foil hat is appropriate when speaking of Florida. Then again perhaps those not from 'here' may have been spooked by Floridians. I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd need their entire bodies encased in foil to be protected and deprogrammed from the cult mentality.

      Delete
  10. Oh my. Aliens at the mall. I thought they were only at political rallies for the obese orange creature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word "aliens" doesn't even come close to describing what those stupid miscreants are.

      Delete
  11. There are a few residents around here that tinfoil their bedroom windows but I think that's because they want it dark in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way she positioned so little foil, I don't understand her reasoning ... unless she ran out of foil before covering the entire window. But oh well, the foil, along with the dresser, are lease violations and will eventually catch up to her.

      Delete