Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Carnivores

Meat Man resurfaced yesterday.

As a reminder, Meat Man is the resident formerly known as Handsome Man here on the blog; but when he approached Home Girl in a sleezy disgusting manner, looking her up and down saying "I like meat", he suddenly began looking a whole lot less handsome in my eyes.

Having seen neither hide nor hare of him since late November, I’d come to the conclusion he’d moved, or either he or his wayward son had somehow been involved in that investigation into laundry room break-ins Management had going on, and got himself evicted. But then yesterday, as I sat on the couch adding photos to the latest Creative Memory album, I caught movement out the corner of my eye.

Looking over and out the patio window, I saw Meat Man walking towards his unit.

So that’s why his name still appears in the callbox, he actually does still reside in that unit, which means neither he nor his wayward son had anything to do with the laundry room break-ins.

So, that mystery has been solved.

As to where he’s been for two months will be solved when next our paths cross and I ask if he’s been in jail, in the hospital, travelling or just keeping a very low profile.

I’m not even close to uncovering the mystery behind the tin foiled window, but I did this morning see the New Neighbor up close and personal for the first time.

BTW, I’m open to suggestions as to what name to give this new character in Tales of the Complex, other than New Neighbor.

At any rate, heading out for this morning’s workout, focused, not paying attention to my surroundings, I heard a voice as I walked by her patio.

Looking up and over, I saw it was she, the New Resident in the quad — patio storage door open, saying and showing something inside to another woman.

I saw them before they looked over and saw me, so I said, "Good morning ladies".

I didn’t stop to introduce myself or anything. I just said good morning ladies and kept walking.

New Neighbor didn’t even look up as she said good morning back.

But then she looked up to see who she was responding to, and her face lit up like a Christmas tree when she saw me, whereupon she smiled and said "OH! Good Morning".

What the hell was that? thought I.

Creeped me out.

I never stopped walking during the brief exchange, and I never looked back to see if she still had eyes on me.

My take on her overly exuberant greeting is that just maybe, even though she keeps her windows closed off to sunlight and air, she can somehow see out, recognized me as the upstairs neighbor across the quad, became overly exuberant at recognizing me as a neighbor.

OR ………

And I hope no one takes offense to my using this term, but seeing New Resident up close and personal, my Gaydar immediately sounded. Not just on her, but the girl with her, which I took to be her little girlfriend.

I really don’t care except, just like Homegirl didn’t care for Meat Man looking at her like a piece of meat, I didn’t care for how New Neighbor's smile (leer?) and exuberance made me feel like I’m an option on the meat counter.

20 comments:

  1. Or maybe she just recognized you, and your fame, from "Boots and Braids". It could happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She must have me confused with my famous daughter @Beauty2TheStreetz.

      Delete
  2. It's getting scary there with TFN (Tin Foil Neighbor) and too pleasant of a greeting. Please keep your mace handy. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. The telenovela suddenly has a number of plot twists. Was Meat Man abducted by aliens... and returned? Is New Resident hot to trot or did she first think you were someone else? And, is Meat Man's son still in the space ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting WTF weird around here. I may have to start wearing a tin foil hat.

      Delete
  4. Tinman? Tin Woman? Rin Tin Tin? sorry.I can't help myself. Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣Those suggestions are cracking me up.

      Delete
    2. I just thought of one more......"Tintin". It was a series of comic books I read to my kids back in the day.....I think it is perfect! . LOL

      Delete
    3. That works! I dub the new resident Tintin.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I can't get it out of my head so, unless someone can top this, so shall she be named.

      Delete
  6. "What the hell was that? thought I."
    RUUUUUNNNNNNN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of an avoider than a runner. So, I'll make sure to look to see if she's outside before I head out.

      Delete
  7. LOL, well, we could then call her Meat Lady? *winks* The Man and I, when looking for a place to Buy, went to a Community we liked but thought all the Old folks were overly Friendly, in kind of an Odd way, it creeped us out too. Well, fast forward, we didn't Buy there but one of the Vendors at our Antique Mall did and found out it's a very large Seniors Swinger Community... ewwww, now I know we just looked like potential Fresh Meat and why everyone was exuberantly Welcoming in a very unsettling way. Sometimes our first instincts serve us correctly even if we don't have full understanding of why something is creeping us out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so interesting how the creep factor alerts us. Even more interesting that some of us feel it, when others can't, and listen to it, thereby saving ourselves a boatload of problems down the road.

      Delete