Friday, January 26, 2024

Be Careful What You Wish For, Part 2

I yearned for more time, and the cable box was mysteriously turned off, resulting in no TV for an entire day.

A few days ago, I was telling Trainer how I sometimes wish the Community Manager would tell us we can no longer have bingo, so I can get out of the responsibility of having to show up to do the photos and manage the residents’ webpage.

I went so far as to tell Trainer, I know residents will be upset should that happen, I’d be completely disingenuous on the surface — pretend to be upset as well but rejoicing inside.

Red Light called last night to say Manager has deemed the Community Room "unsafe due to earthquake damage".

The 3.4 quake we had in 2021 left a long crack in the ceiling, which I think was just painted over. So, having not seen what damage this 4.4 caused, I can only assume the crack has widened or parts of the ceiling have come down.

At any rate, the room has been declared unsafe, today's bingo cancelled for now and for who knows how long in the future.

I am not a good liar, so it was difficult to keep the joy out of my voice when commiserating with Red Light.

She’s hoping management doesn’t drag their heels on getting repairs made, wants the room up and running again soon.

I’m hoping the opposite — drag those heels long enough for residents to forget about me, not be surprised if I don’t return.

I’m not so vain as to think my wishful thinking brought about the cable box snafu and an earthquake, but you have to admit it is odd.

Just in case my thoughts are in some kind of 4th dimensional pocket where thoughts become reality, I’d better focus on being the big winner on the $1.64 million Powerball or $285 million Mega or $18 million SuperLotto or all three.

I’m not greedy, I’ll share.

And now this ……


16 comments:

  1. The Universe is heeding your wishes at the moment so yes, magnify your intention to win the lottery! Can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your lottery winnings. But, sucking up that egg yolk was pretty amazing on its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only time something I learned on TikTok actually worked.

      Delete
  3. This may be your lucky day ... go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would certainly prove I'm in the pocket. 🤞

      Delete
  4. That's the best kitchen hack I've seen. Today. Or this hour. Or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never separate the yolk from white by hand again.

      Delete
  5. Shirley, did you cause that Community Room damage and Earthquake with your Wishful Thinking, so you could avoid Bingo? *Winks* The Laws of Attraction could be working favorably for you my Friend. The Universe does respond. *Smiles* There are things I wouldn't be Sad about either if they just didn't happen anymore and gives a graceful exit... and sometimes I Luck Out too and they just cease, by pure Serendipity, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew? If this is a new superpower, hopefully it works on the lottery.

      Delete
    2. If it works on the Lottery, then I want you picking my Numbers too, that could be a Superpower all of us could benefit from, No? *LOL*

      Delete
    3. It's a deal but, so far, looks like my superpower isn't working on the lottery.

      Delete
  6. You've clearly got some unseen power. Go get that jackpot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to wear a helmet at all times; a mask won't help with the earthquake damage threat. And what about parts of all the apartments? Linda in Kansas, where we at least KNOW where the tornado damage is located.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprisingly, management has not bothered to inspect our units for damage.

      Delete