Sunday, January 21, 2024

I Love When a Plan Comes Together

Thus far, with one exception, the plan to not see another human being until tomorrow has been working.

The one exception was when, seeing a delivery guy toss a package towards Next Door Neighbor’s door early morning, and the package seeming to go unnoticed by her as it was nearing late night, I knocked on her door to alert her so it wouldn’t be stolen.

We do that for each other — when I don’t realize a package has been delivered, she’ll knock on my door as well.

She said she’d been expecting and had waited all day for the package. Wasn’t happy to learn it had been there all day. That I happened to be at the kitchen sink, saw through the window that the delivery guy didn’t even come all the way upstairs to knock on her door or take a photo to show item delivered. He just tossed it at her door from halfway up the landing.

So, anyway, I took the interaction as an opportunity to ask about the foil on TinTin’s window, saying "Since you know her, can you tell me why there is foil on her window?"

NDN said, "Some of these old folks are not well".

It's true what they say about "Black Don't Crack", so it's difficult for even me to gauge the age of my compatriots but inasmuch as she looks to be barely over 55, if that, I say, "She doesn’t look that old to me".

NDN pointed a finger from each hand to the side of her head, twirled the fingers around to indicate loony tunes and said, "So many are coming in that are not entirely well that it’s getting scary".

JESUS!

My instincts to keep to stepping when I saw TinTin on her patio that day, not stop and introduce myself as I always do with new people to the quad, were right on.

So, there’s that.

As the weather channel promised, it has been a rainy weekend, so I was surprised to see the landscapers show up, try to work in between pockets of heavy rain and somewhat clear skies.


Once it became obviously futile to continue in the weather, they abandoned the project for the day and then, during a clear skies moment, I spotted this …………

Dream Lover. MVP or Just a Player


"What’s he doing standing so near to where Karen lives?" thought I.

"Karen" being the Talker's downstairs complaining neighbor, and the woman Dream Lover filed a complaint against for aggressively pursuing and writing love letters to him.

Now here he was standing directly in front of her patio, where she obviously could see him through the window.

Odd.

It got odder.

He was soon joined by Boebert — the woman he’d come onto but appeared to have been rebuffed.

Evidently, the two of them had been coming up the walkway together ... possibly from his unit, she’d stopped for something — probably to pick up mail because I saw it in her hands, he’d paused in front of Karen’s area, and Boebert caught back up with him there. The two of them then walked together towards her unit.

Well, Well, Well.

That went from hot to not only cold but frigid/frozen with Boebert's vive being, I'm not talking to you, I won't even look in your direction, now things are smoking hot.

I can only conclude it's like what NDN said, "Some of these seniors are not well".

I guess the Little Black Lady he'd introduced to me, as flavor of the day, is now on the back burner.

And that's the tea.

17 comments:

  1. Life is never boring over there, anyway. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Tea to spill in your neck of the Woods for sure. *LOL* So, Dream Lover being pictured now puts a Face with a Nickname. *Winks* I'd say a Player Player, he reminds me of those Old Men who somehow think they still have Swag... and... well... nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Taylor Swift said, "a player's gonna play play play".

      Delete
  3. Love that you picked TinTin for her name! Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know the highest amount of STDs are with old retired folks who moved to Florida? I think California can't be far behind. Be careful out there! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you didn't even have to leave the landing for all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My unit is perfect for an urban spy. No matter which room I'm in, there's a window which my attention is drawn to if there's movement outside.

      Delete
  6. Never a dull moment, though the idea of a delivery person tossing my package from halfway up the stays would send me to my phone and customer service.
    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The delivery people do the same thing around here. My next door neighbor who we would look out for packages for each other moved out last week so now I'll have to go back to making sure I keep an eye out now.

    So much stuff going on around your apartment complex. It's fun to read what it happening around other people's apartment complexes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a complex this large (178 units) stuff going on is bound to happen. I wish I had room to set up a refreshment stand for delivery people. That way they'd be sure to deliver to the correct address and knock to let me know of package arrival.

      Delete
  8. Okay, are you just messing with us...this guy you have pictured, are you certain he is the fella you write about or a photo you found on the Internet? This guy in the picture appears to be someone almost all of us would not give a second glance, especially in an amorous way. My title for the photo would be "just some old guy who should know better than to be wearing short pants."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣 I can't argue with you there, but there's not much to choose from around here and some of these women are obviously desperate. He's probably also a good pretender. I myself got fooled by a good pretender once (https://bootsandbraids.blogspot.com/2022/10/hungry-like-wolf.html), a guy who was not my type, that I didn’t think twice about, but he worked hard to get me to pay attention to him and over time grew on me to where I stopped judging a book by its cover, so to speak. So I know from experience that a good charmer/pretender can fool even the most aware of us.

      Delete