Monday, November 13, 2023

Monday Already?

Time is flying by at warp speed.

It was busy busy busy over the weekend, as I finished the great grandbaby's 3rd Creative Memories scrapbook.


Can't say that meant I was all caught up because, with so many pics of the world’s most photographed baby, I had to start a 4th.


Then, with so many photos of the baby shower/Sprinkle and prenatal photos of the soon to be born baby sister, I decided to start a separate Bump to Baby scrapbook and began toying around with materials for the beginning title page.

Bump to Baby: We're Cooking up Something Special

I really truly need a 2nd bedroom to be used for crafts but, inasmuch as I'm already over income would not be able to effectuate such a transfer.

When residents need more space, transfer from a 1-bedroom to a 2-bedroom, they apply as a new tenant, then go on a waiting list to vie with others around here who want more space.

The fact that I am over income would disqualify me from applying as a new tenant.

In fact, the only reason I'm still able to remain living here is because I'm grandfathered in by reason of becoming over income a few years AFTER qualifying and moving in.

Assistant Manager once told me that I could win the lottery and still remain living here because of grandfathered status. That being said, it bugs me that I still have to go through the annual recertificate process where the office gets into my financials on the basis of deciding if I still qualify, then make statements such as "I don't have what you have".

I technically don't still qualify but, since I'm grandfathered in, why go through the process?

It's illogical.

So anyway, rents being so outrageous elsewhere, annoying as management can sometimes be, I feel fortunate to be in this, currently for me, affordable living situation.

Over the weekend, I also put the almost finishing touches on my Holiday shopping.

Starbucks

Two gift cards, both for Trainer … one for Thanksgiving, another for Christmas.

I passed on the usual gift card for the mail carrier because every day it’s a new face lately. I’m constantly on pins and needles as to whether the key to the lock box, where packages are stored, will get to my mailbox or be misdelivered. So, unless and until we get some consistently good service around here, I’m done with giving gift cards in appreciation, like I used to do for our former carrier.

The great grandbaby — aka Young Skywalker as I like to call him, not yet two years old, already has everything, including a spaceship.



His mom and dad, already pressed for space for the new baby — expected to be delivered soon, will now have to find space for the airplane I’ll be gifting to Young Skywalker.


Fearing the airplane would sell out if I waited closer to the holiday, I purchased it in late September.

The only holiday gift thing left to do is to purchase wrapping paper for the baby’s gift, and then I am done.

I won’t be heading to Long Beach this Thanksgiving because the family unit is now irretrievable broken, no family for me to celebrate Thanksgiving now or any time in the future with.

The grandsons have morphed into manipulative self-centered liars that think the world owes them a living. They no longer get along with their mom, tried to use me until I put the brakes on. The twins no longer have a relationship with each other or with the boys or with granddaughter.

It's just an unfixable mess.

The only folks likely to show up at granddaughter's place, should she host Thanksgiving, would be the youngest of her manipulative lying brothers, my deceased sister's husband ...... Nice man but bores me to tears and always wants to give me a sisterly hug when we meet, which I'd rather not. Also, White Grandpa and White Grandma.

White Grandpa vibes very well, is fine to be around; White Grandma flat lines, is empty, does not generate a pleasant aura at all, so I'd rather not with her.

All in all, a family Thanksgiving get-together is not for me.

I will however head to Long Beach, around Christmas to deliver the great grandbaby’s gift, see his new sister.

Since I now have the Thanksgiving holiday open to do so, I’ve been debating whether or not I want to register for the local Turkey Trot.

Even purchased a cute pair of non-thanksgiving themed leggings to wear.


Wednesday Addams … how could I resist.

At any rate, I’m leaning towards not doing the 5K. Use the day to set up patio Christmas decorations instead.

Backtracking a bit, I’m doubting the results of the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Race Timing System used at the Mission Inn 5K.

No doubt I did do well, but I did say to Trainer that "I was shocked" at how well the system said I did.

Since then, I've learned a much younger client of his saw me cross the finish line AFTER her, and further stated her results did not get posted. Consequently, I’m doubting the validity of the results, that I did as well as the system calculated.

Oh well, insofar as it now officially stands, I remain a 79-year-old 5K beast — at least until next year when I participate in that race again, see if the systems says I'm less beastly.

I wasn’t planning on treating myself to anything special for Christmas, but having learned the Old Gays have published a book, even though I've not yet had time to finish The In-Between, and have My Life at Grey Gardens on the bedside table to get to, I preordered their book as a gift to myself.


If you’re unfamiliar with the Old Gays, they are a group of gay social media personalities and LGBT rights activists that I first discovered on TikTok doing cosplay including ……… what else, the Wednesday dance.


They’ve become enormously popular, and I later saw them as guests on an episode of Ru Paul’s Drag Race.

Like I said, busy busy busy this weekend and maybe, if the weekends were longer, Mondays wouldn't come so soon, I could squeeze in some reading time.

12 comments:

  1. Love those Wednesday Addams leggings! And your Wednesday dance is better than the Old Gays version, although their's is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Young Skywalker in his Spaceship, LOVE it... and, being the most Photographed Baby, he's got it down how to Vogue in front of that Lens. *LOL* Now I'm going to have to Google The Old Gays and see if I can find that Book too. Your Wednesday Leggings are perfect. As for re-qualifying, The Man has to do the same for PERMANENT Disability Status, as if they don't understand the definition of PERMANENT... Le Sigh. They do Love their ridiculous bureaucracy don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book should be available Barnes Noble and Amazon. Same with my acquiring Permanent Jury Excuse. Like you said, they love their ridiculous bureaucracy because they still send me notices to appear, which I have to send in a copy of my excuse card to get 'em off my back.

      Delete
  3. Look at that ggbaby smile! Sorry about the family - sometimes better to just leave people alone and let them figure it out. But no need to put yourself in a stressful situation . (But you already know all this).That constant looking at financials WHEN THERE IS NO NEED is ridiculous. I mean, you either qualify or you don’t, either way you stay. Unless there is another higher ceiling, where they could tell you to go? Come on Powerball! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I moved in, there were three millionaires grandfathered into living here. They've all passed away, but that tells me there is no higher ceiling once you're locked in. Staying then becomes a matter of preference. Show me that Powerball and you know what my preference will be.

      Delete
  4. Those grandkids keep on growing and growing so you'll always need a new book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done some scrapbooking and love your book. How cute. I just renewed my lease and had to go over the 30 page lease but at lease I don't have to send in my financials each year as long as I just keep paying my rent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why I have to show them my financials, don't trust it, but nothing I can do about it.

      Delete