Friday, December 16, 2022

On the 16th Day of Christmas ………

I took the morning off from the Pain Cave, in order to get to today’s White Elephant event, on time — 12 noon.

I was happy to see so many had brought gifts for the exchange. The table was full of beautifully decorated gifts.


Then there was my plain wrapped gift.


My picking up this plain paper and twine tie at the craft store was a misstep. Though I myself liked the paper, it wasn’t enticing, didn’t scream "PICK Me".

Consequently, though not last to be picked, it was 3 gifts from the last to be chosen, and ended up in the hands of the guy our Karen character used to chase — Dream Lover.

The gift he initially chose turned out to be a purse.


Luckily for him, next to pick — Older Sister wanted the purse, stole it from him.

He next picked a very nice candle and bath towel set.

I stole it from him, whereupon he ended up with jewelry — a bracelet.

Someone then stole the candle/towel set from me that I’d stolen from him.

I ended up with a Travel Mug/Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate Set.


Not too shabby, but I’d rather have kept the candle/towel.

Then Painted Rock Lady stole the jewelry from Dream Lover. With four gifts left to choose from, he picked the baking sets.

No one stole it from him, so he was stuck with it.

No matter. He can regift it to someone else, or just eat the cookie pieces.

All in all, it was a fun event and almost like old times, insofar as the number of attendees. I saw people I’ve not seen in ages, along with a few new faces.

Gift Exchange was actually fourth on the agenda. First being the meal — tamales with all the trimmings.

The room emptied somewhat after the meal, as some came just for the tamales.

Next on the agenda was a fun Guessing Game.

Ten questions were called out. We wrote the answer down on paper and prizes were awarded to those that got the most correct. No one got all ten correct, so prizes went to one resident that got 8 correct and two who got 7 correct.

I only got 4 — It was a tough quiz.

How tough? you ask.

You be the judge.

No cheating, no googling the answers.

Comment your answers and tomorrow/next day, I’ll blog the correct answers.

1) What direction is Santa’s Route, which way does he travel in delivering his satchel of gifts?

2) In the film Scrooge, what was Bob Cratchit’s son’s name?

3) What is made for Christmas but never eaten?

4) What were the very first Christmas Trees decorated with?

5) What is/was traditionally put on top of a Christmas Tree?

6) What was the name of Frosty’s girlfriend?

7) What color is Holly?

8) What Christmas beverage is called Milk Punch?

9) What words follow "Silent Night"?

10) According to the film "It's a Wonderful Life", what happens every time a bell rings?

Then came the Cookie Decorating Competition.

We were given a Christmas Tree shaped cookie and a small female Santa cookie to decorate.


I obviously didn’t put a lot of time or energy into the tree but, taking inspiration from Dawn’s granddaughter Princess T’s cute little Black Santa ........

Princess T's Cookie

...... I made a Black Santa to go along with my Christmas Tree.


My tree didn’t stack up to the Picassos some of the others made, and we weren't being graded on the small cookie, so I wasn’t expecting to win a prize. But then, the Baker gave me a gift, saying it was something she wanted me to have.


Later, taking inspiration from resident Jenne’s naughty cookie ......

Jenne’s naughty cookie

Yes, it's what you're thinking

........ I edited my cookie — gave my girl implants.


Next up was the White Elephant Exchange after which I was out with my loot.


Tomorrow I'm off to Sprout's for specialty items, with a stop by the drug store, as younger sister said the drug store has an Elf Competition — a hidden one on the premises.

It's possible she's confusing the drug store with the market, but I feel the need to check it out.

16 comments:

  1. Glad you had some fun. Sounds like the tenets can have a jolly side. I wrote down my answers. I can't even guess one of them. LOVE your implant Santa. The other one looks like a bit of poo more than an enlarged male. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I thought she should have shaved the chocolate down or used a piece of candy cane.

      Delete
  2. I'd have chosen the plainly wrapped package because it's difference would intrigue me.

    1) What direction is Santa’s Route, which way does he travel in delivering his satchel of gifts? Counter-clockwise. I don't know.

    2) In the film Scrooge, what was Bob Cratchit’s son’s name? Larry? I don't know.

    3) What is made for Christmas but never eaten? In my world it's Fruitcake.

    4) What were the very first Christmas Trees decorated with? Small edible children. I don't know.

    5) What is/was traditionally put on top of a Christmas Tree? A star.

    6) What was the name of Frosty’s girlfriend? Frigid? I don't know.

    7) What color is Holly? Leaves are green and the berries are red.

    8) What Christmas beverage is called Milk Punch? Egg nog? I don't know.

    9) What words follow "Silent Night"? Holy Night.

    10) According to the film "It's a Wonderful Life", what happens every time a bell rings? An angel gets its wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing the song "My Favorite Things" last night, brown paper packages tied up with string was on the list of favorites. I'm just too far ahead of the curve for my compatriots around here. You would have been at hoot had you attended the guessing game. We'll see how you did on your answers in the next post.

      Delete
  3. Hey the Ghirardelli chocolate gift nothing to sneeze at. That's my favorite chocolate even that over Hershey. But don't tell the locals at around here. And I absolutely love your cookies they are very Picasso looking. And I love those Chinese auctions. They can get down right vicious and entertaining. I always think it's funny when someone gets their gifts stolen. You got the Shirley. It's nice to see someone enjoying the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun party! I especially like the two naughty cookies, of course. And yes, that quiz is a toughie -- I think I only have four answers as well -- am I right?
    (4) candles
    (5) a star
    (9) holy night
    (10) an angel gets her wings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'd suck at that Quiz, mebbe I'd get Six, I'd def not be a Winner and Prize bound. You and Princess T's Black Santas are Awesome, she's be flattered to be an Inspiration, she made yet another Gingerbread House and more Cookies Decorated, she's on a Holiday Roll, must be watching the Food Network Holiday Competitions in her Room a lot? *LOL* I like the Gift you got, not a White Elephant at all... but I always thought those types of Exchanges were Fun too. I'd intentionally always make mine not appealing in how it was Wrapped so it would be picked last and then I'd intentionally buy the most Awesome Prize Gifts so everyone would be sorry they didn't choose it. Or, I'd want last pick so I could just get something I wanted that I'd bought myself, is that Cheating I wonder? *bwahahaha* The Man wants to go Christmas Shopping for himself suddenly this Morning, odd and now I'm curious what he spied? A Goodwill had some Widow's Donation of all her Dead Husbands Fishing shit, of that I'm sure, and I did buy him some of it... since it was quality Sporting Goods, so he probably wants it ALL now? Even tho' he has never gone Fishing and probably never actually will? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a devious plan I'd enjoy ... wrap an awesome gift unappealingly so everyone would be sorry they didn't pick it. Hope we do this next year so I can do it.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like it all was a lot of fun. I LOVE the black Santas, and I think your tree is quite elegant.

    1) What direction is Santa’s Route, which way does he travel in delivering his satchel of gifts?
    Well he starts at the north pole, which is up, so the direction has to be down.
    2) In the film Scrooge, what was Bob Cratchit’s son’s name?
    Was Bob Cratchit even in Scrooged?
    3) What is made for Christmas but never eaten?
    4) What were the very first Christmas Trees decorated with?
    Apples for one thing.
    5) What is/was traditionally put on top of a Christmas Tree?
    I think it was the Baby Jesus. Can that possibly be true?
    6) What was the name of Frosty’s girlfriend?
    Crystal.
    7) What color is Holly?
    Holly Golightly was very pale. I don’t know what color you’d call that.
    Green leaves with red berries (when they’re ripe).
    8) What Christmas beverage is called Milk Punch?
    Egg nog?
    9) What words follow "Silent Night"?
    Holy night.
    10) According to the film "It's a Wonderful Life", what happens every time a bell rings?
    An angel gets its wings.

    How’d I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever you discovered a fatal flaw. The questioner did say Scrooge when, in fact, Cratchit was in Christmas Story. I still would not have known the answer though.

      Delete
    2. 5 out of 10, maybe 6 if I can figure out which way is UP, LOL.

      Delete
  7. What fun! Here goes….
    1- east to west
    2- tiny Tim
    3- merry
    4-candles
    5-angel
    6- Frieda
    7- red berries, green leaves
    8- egg nog???
    9-holy night
    10- an angel gets its wings

    From Olivia

    ReplyDelete