Thursday, December 15, 2022

On the 15th Day of Christmas …………

I found Jippy the Elf strapped to a pole in the meat department.



I don’t know if it’s just my dirty mind that I’m seeing some kind of naughty subliminal messaging in the Elf being strapped to a pole in the meat department but, other than that, whoever is hiding the Elf this year is making it too easy with this hiding in plain sight.

When out and about, I may check this store in a different location, see if the hiding spot is more challenging.

In other news, returning from my trip to Long Beach for Thanksmas, I’d reported the Queen Mary — closed due to deteriorating conditions, needing an estimated $700 million for repairs, was saved from being sunk into the briny deep by an influx of $5 million for partial repairs.

The plan for the Queen was, after certain areas were repaired, a reopening of those areas by end of the year.

With end of year rapidly approaching, I doubted the deadline could be met.

Lo and Behold, the Queen is open for business.


Did you hear the Guide confirm? ....... "Definitely yes, the Queen IS haunted".

I must admit, the idea of touring the Queen, for the purpose of hunting Pokémon, sounds tempting; but I’d be too afraid some invisible something would stick to me, follow me home, so no.

8 comments:

  1. I remember years ago touring the Queen Mary and feeling she was haunted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at the tour schedule, which is full already, they're really pushing the haunted thing, advertising "Among the ghosts reportedly still hanging around is an engineer who died in the ship's engine room, a "lady in white," and various children located throughout the ship". Sounds scary AND sad.

      Delete
  2. I loved touring the Queen Mary. And I had the same immediate thought about the elf, holding his big candy cane, while tied to a pole in the meat department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ghost hunting is huge business these days spurred on by all the paranormal shows. The Queen has been investigated by all the big names in paranormal on TV Lots of publicity, for sure. Never been on that one. A lot of old prisons are now open for ghost hunting and tours. I toured the Mansfield Reformatory in Ohio several times (used for the movie, The Shawshank Redemption). If anything is haunted, that place is!!
    Mr. Elf riding a pole in the meat department is a hoot. My you have a big candy cane Mr. Elf!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touring the Mansfield Reformatory must have been interesting. Did you look for any of the rocks Andy supposedly carted out of his cell, dropped in the yard?

      Delete
  4. Good grief. Guess I’ll never tour the Queen Mary… Why on earth some people want to mess with “haunted” stuff totally escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's all fun and games until you get there and are scared out of your wits.

      Delete