Sunday, December 11, 2022

Cold, Windy, Wet

The winter storm threatened promised to occur days ago, came to fruition around 7 a.m. this morning.

By 3:00 in the afternoon, windy and wet was gone, it was just cold. The kind of cold that came straight through the windows.

I’d yesterday watched the resident living across the quad in the unit above Red Light move out.

Having moved in around May 2021, other than waving at each other when coming/going to our cars, I never got to know her well, but I’ve heard from others that she was a school bus driver.

I’m beginning to think, along with painting, carpet cleaning/carpet replacement when a unit becomes vacant — especially that particular unit, a sage burning ritual needs to be performed to cleanse the place of negative energy, because it’s the third resident of that unit in a row I’ve observed to have their life fall apart after moving in.

What befell this resident was first losing her school bus driving job. She’d been fired after having an accident.

Then, to try to make ends meet, she began working in a pizza parlor.

It's a good guess that the pizza parlor job is probably not working out and inasmuch as I saw lots of family helping her move, she's probably moving in with family.

But the fact of the matter is that bad luck befell her after moving into that unit.

Coincidence?

Maybe, maybe not because ...........

The previous occupant of that unit was Sue. When Sue moved in (October 2015) she was vibrant and engaged, still holding down a part time job.

First thing to happen was having to sell her car because she couldn’t afford repairs. I don’t know if the lack of transportation caused her to no longer be able to hold down a job, but she no longer left for work every day and was rarely seen outside her unit after that time, began smoking and drinking to excess.

When Sue’s smoking and drinking impacted her health to the point where she could no longer care for herself, she was moved in with family.

The resident prior to Sue was a returnee (2013). She’d previously lived on the complex, moved out for whatever reason, then moved back to be close to her boyfriend living on the property.

Shortly after moving into that unit, she had a heart attack, survived, had a pacemaker implanted, but had to move out again for care purposes.

You get the picture?

It just seems that life goes down the tube for everyone moving into that unit since the guy who was living in the unit when I moved in (2012) moved out in 2013.

The blog name for the guy was "The Vampire", because I never saw him.

Supposedly he worked nights, but there were never any signs of life in that unit, insofar as I could ever see or hear.

Even when he moved out, it was stealth — probably late at night.

One day I saw Maintenance going in/out preparing the unit and realized the Vampire was gone.

Whatever bad energy is in that unit was left behind by him.

At any rate, we have a vacancy in the quad, but I wouldn’t recommend anyone moving in without a sage ritual or a priest to cleanse the place.

Too cold and dreary to head out today — not that I had anything pressing to take care of, I spent time catching up on scrapbooking, needlepoint and putting that mini gingerbread house together.

I tried both sugar glue and royal icing made with egg white. Both worked — the glue for building, the icing for decorating.

The results are a little messy — the glue areas could be cleaner, and I really need to take a class on how to decorate using a piping bag.

Suffice it to say, gingerbread builds are not a craft I excel at; yet, motivated by the holiday decorating shows on Food Network, I give it a try every year.


For my blogging buddy Mistress Maddie, I’ve added the traditional friendly neighborhood frostitutes.


25 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! We know I love frostitutes!!!!!! And this house looks great Shirley!!!It's adorable.

    I tried to watch a food Christmas challenge show last night, something or other with gingerbread. I gave up 9 minutes in. Those people are not right. WAY to happy. And who's eats this shit? Some of those cakes are so gross looking, my stomach hurts just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were probably watching the Finals. I'd set the tape and gone to bed so don't know who one. It is pretty gross watching how they manipulate all that cake with their hands. The judges must get their stomachs pumped after tasting.

      Delete
  2. "By 3:00 in the afternoon, windy and wet was gone, it was just cold."
    Come on, tell us what the temperature was so we can make fun of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had to be around a frigid 62 degrees. I was expecting snow at any moment.

      Delete
  3. The prostitutes are hilarious. If I were Maddie I’d be honored... I think (?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely honored. I don't make cookies for just any old body, LOL.

      Delete
    2. Damned autocorrect. I loved the Frostitutes!

      Delete
    3. Sure ... autocorrect, LOL. Thing is, I didn't even notice.

      Delete
  4. OMG! Frostitutes!!!! I'm dying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our boy Jesse and the Baking Competition judges would LOVE your gingerbread house! And oh my, those frostitutes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the houses you and your Rare One have built. Those are way more likely to thrill Jesse and Co than my amateur work.

      Delete
  6. The royal icing with powdered sugar and some egg white makes a very bright white when it dries, and it dries super hard.
    The house looks great.
    Have you thought of offering your services to cleanse units by your own chants and sage burning when the units change hands? I can imagine you having loads of fun doing that! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think that, if I got to know whoever moves into that unit next, I'd offer a sage stick as a welcome gift. But, as I've said before and have experienced, people are stupid ignorant and reject such aids as "the devil's work ... witchcraft". I'll have to keep it to myself and watch what happens next in that unit.

      Delete
  7. Nope not moving into that place even after the sage. Bad mojo for me. I know it's freezing to you there but like Mike said above, can we make fun of you? That is perfect sweatshirt weather. SIL in Orange County was complaining yesterday about all the rain as well and mudslides. Scary stuff! Stay high and dry my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sweatshirt weather"??? I almost died, froze to death, until I put on warm onesies and turned the heat on.

      Delete
  8. Fun baking! _christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't get snow with 62 degrees! Let me know when you're coming through KC: 25 at night, maybe, just maybe 34 to 40 during the day. The frostitutes cookies would be frozen frosties! Yep, stay away from that evil apartment. It needs the Pope and a few other cultures to clean it out. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It dropped to 58 today, so maybe frost if not snow.

      Delete
  10. The Frostitutes are hilariously Cute, that may even be my new favorite Word now. *LOL* Your Gingerbread Creation is good too, I sucked at the whole ritual of Gingerbread House Making and Decorating. I bought Princess T another one at her request, since, she wasn't satisfied with the Kit she and Jon Carlos made, they were stingy with size of Icing Bags and Decor, which forced compromise on their Artistic Vision. *LOL* As for the Bad Energy of that Unit, yes, a Cleanse and House Blessing should be in order for any prospective Tenant, just to be Safe, the Track Record didn't look Promising that something isn't amiss there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to see Princess T's second house. Believe it or not, I've got the bug and am thinking about trying again with a larger house I saw at the craft store.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a bad apartment to move into. I love the cookies and gingerbread house. I made one years ago and it never came out good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decorating those houses looks so easy on TV. Way more difficult when doing it ourselves.

      Delete