Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Premonitions

I kinda sorta knew which way the wind would blow when I woke up crying yesterday.

Having been trained through the years to remain stoic, accept the pain of whatever slings and arrows come my way, keep it all inside, maintain my spiritual integrity, I never ever cry, but I woke up crying yesterday morning and burst into tears ─ for no reason, off/on all day.

I assumed it was a portent to four more years of having to see you know who’s ugly mug, and his band of home-grown terrorists, flashing across the television screen, popping up in my news feeds.

Then later this song began to play in my head.


Still later in the day, the route to picking up a package took me through the area the Archeologist had posted to avoid last week, due to an active protest over a shooting death.

Once I passed through that intersection, a chill came over my whole body and my hands began to shake so bad after that, after picking up the package, I was afraid to do any further driving.

I drove straight back home, did not pass go, did not collect $200 dollars, and stayed there.

THEN, I dreamt last night that a friend’s husband was shot and killed in a hunting accident.

The friend being the one of 40+ years I’ve blogged about as constantly inviting me to events, even though I continually decline, and being “a nice enough woman, but I outgrew her 20 years ago and she won’t let go — always keeps up with where I am, what I’m doing, calls and bends my ears for hours, all the while saying nothing — talking about people, places, I don't remember, things I’ve no interest in.

At any rate, I dreamt last night that her husband died in that accident and he doesn’t hunt .... that is unless you count his hunting for liaisons outside his marriage.

I never cared for him because of that proclivity of his, but that was between him and her and if she’s chosen to turn a blind eye ─ which she did, even when some of the women he was fooling around with told her what was going on, and stay with him for 51 years, that’s her choice.

So there’s that. And waking up this morning, with no clear resolution as to whether we're saddled with four more years of hate and home-grown terrorists, and with you know who finagling to make certain no further votes are counted, I’m all out of tears, hope, sympathy, prepared and ready for which of the two  death of America or death of friend's husband, or both, come to fruition.

13 comments:

  1. Your 2nd Paragraph describes my own upbringing and State of Being as if I'd written it myself. My Dad raised us to be Stoic and outwardly not Emotional, tho' he was the most Loving person, his background and Culture was such that Weakness wasn't an Option and Life wasn't easy. So, I've been Emotionally Raw under the surface during this whole Crazy Administration and now after Four intense escalating Years of seeing America's ugly underbelly re-emerging, from scary times I recall as a Child, it's too deeply disturbing for me to quell my Anger and hide my Emotions in Stoic resolution not to display. I still remember a time when we couldn't live just anywhere, weren't Welcome in too many places, had Racist and Sexist incidents to endure and I don't want a return to all that and lost ground for Rights every Human Being should have in America. The Friends and Family I have in the LGBTQ Community are as alarmed at lost ground should this Administration have another Term. Gay Timmy told my Granddaughter that either he's gotta become Straight by this Week, or Marry a Dear Friend like her to NOT lose his Rights... how Sad that a 15 Year Old has to consider such things... and she was in Agreement with him, that she has concerns, being of Hispanic descent, that they'll be rounding up Brown, Black, Asian, Native American, some Religions, and all Foreign Born people and doing Lord knows what... she knows things like that have happened in History before, so it's not as if it could not happen again under Lunatic Rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess T's speculation about certain groups being rounded up struck a cord because I'd had that same thought ... that I'd be rounded up and put into a camp housing Blacks. I carried the thought further about my not lasting very long because of my gut issues where I can't just eat any old thing.

      Delete
  2. uncle joe told us to "keep the faith" this morning, and that's what I am doing. we are still counting ballots here in PA; 79% counted as of 11a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all out of faith. But desperately hope I'm proven wrong to have given up, given in.

      Delete
  3. We are living in very dangerous times, and no matter how the election turns out, I fear for our country. Your premonitions are probably right-on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew America could get this crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I see what the President has exposed with his dog whistles about keeping the suburbs safe, I know what we are up against. He does not speak for all Americans. He laughs at a government that's "for and by the people." Well, he's a fool and his words will come back to bite him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been slippery thus far, so one can only hope the karma train will circle back and run him over.

      Delete
  6. Now it is Wednesday night, and still no resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so afraid of what's to come.

    ReplyDelete