Saturday, November 7, 2020

The End Is Near

Or at least I hope so.

I initially thought the end was near when No. 45 was impeached, but noooooo.

That was a swing and a miss.

Impeachment changed not a thing, which I still don’t understand how an impeached guy can continue to govern.

At any rate, that depressing premonitory dream I had a few days ago is looking more and more like not coming into fruition, I’m happy to say. Which probably means the part about friend’s husband may also not.

It’s still odd, however, that either of them popped up in my psyche because I don’t generally think of him or her, so it must mean something.

Though I’m beginning to think the end is near for real this time, there’s still a lot of damage that can be done, and probably will be done, before 45 slinks off into the sunset.

On the topic of lessons to learn, I wonder how much, if any, 45 is absorbing as to what’s gotten him to being on the brink of becoming a one-term president.

How his voter suppression tactics, failure to decry hate groups, response to Covid, and what I’ll never forget he did to those federal workers — ruining them financially, holding their pay hostage to getting what he wanted for his wall, backfired and mobilized voters in drove. Caused many of whom, like myself, to vote for the first time.

One commenter wrote that 45 has shown he not only doesn’t believe in science but now, looking at his statement of not planning to concede, doesn’t believe in math.

Though some are saying Anderson Cooper was wrong to attack 45’s physicality by describing his current efforts to stay in power as being “like an obese turtle on his back, flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over”, I say pffffff, because 45 has said far worse than "obese" about the physicality of others.

In the last analysis, what you put out into the universe at one time or another, one lifetime or another, will catch up and come back at you.

On the light side, I’ll finish with a facebook comment by a friend that her 3-year-old daughter asked her mom when she will stop watching the “map show”.

Plan for today was to head out to the mall, log in some miles, but it’s cold and rainy outside, and now there's  thunder and lightning so, instead, I’ll perform my normal morning ritual, including makeup, put on a warm comfortable onesie, then it’s television (unless the power goes out) and needlepoint.

Do you find it strange that, even on the days I never leave the unit, my face is made up, I’m wearing earrings and smelling of perfume?

13 comments:

  1. I hope you do yourself up extra special today!!! Take a photo. This is wonderful news but I know DT will not go graciously, just hope nobody gets hurt in the transition.
    Great Joy today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my lord! It's early afternoon, I just checked the news and saw the end has finally come. HE'S FIRED! But yes, you're right. He won't go graciously. Unfortunately, there may be blood.

      Delete
  2. Nah. You would be the most fabulous one at the evacuation center if there was a gas leak, earthquake or other natural disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nit strange at all. The make-up, earrings and perfume are for you, not an imagined audience.
    I was getting tired of the "map show" also, and thought that if I saw "253" one more time I would scream. YAY. It's over, but I think the "fun" is just beginning. The Big Baby may not go quietly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Big Baby doesn't seem to accept the fact he's been FIRED.

      Delete
  4. I love 'the map show'. Kids can hit the nail on the head with their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope, you are performing self care. and THANK YOU for voting! see what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putting on makeup and looking good just for you is perfect. I won't be putting on makeup today as I usually don't on Sundays any more since we don't go to a church building for worship, but rather participate online. I'm liking this virtual church thing, for now anyway.

    My anxiety has dropped a notch or two, my innards have unclenched, but the next two months are not going to be pretty. I think we all know that this horrible man, and his 70+ million minions, are not going to make things easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don’t get how, party alliances aside, after being an embarrassment to us on a worldwide stage, the chaos he’s caused, his obvious stupidity, the greed, nepotism, that 70+ million want another four years of this traitor. What's wrong with these people?

      Delete