Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Breaking Bad

I felt like such a rebel the other day when, checking out at the grocery store, with 18 items in my cart, I saw all the lines were full of folks with overflowing carts.

My option was to 1) Settle in for a long wait in one of the regular lines, or 2) Break bad and hop on over to one of the lines limited to 15 items.

Feeling a little guilty, I nevertheless took my 18 items over to the 15 items line and was out of there lickety split.

From the looks of those over-flowing carts, I suspect some folks are being rebels and having more than 10 people over.

The following memes are for those rebels:



Granddaughter got smart and cancelled Thanksgiving at her place altogether, opting instead to go to the in-laws … where only the mother-in-law and father-in-law (recovering from a fall ending in a broken hip) will be in attendance.

I don’t know what the grandsons will be doing, but suspect they’ll still expect their mom (Twin 1) to feed them with regular Thanksgiving fare. Only Twin 1 and her boys don't call it "Thanksgiving", they call it "Stolen Land Day", because of what was done to the helpful gracious indians.

Whatever.

So anyway, having broken the 15 items or less rule, now I’m breaking with tradition … I began putting put up patio Christmas decorations today — two day before Thanksgiving, rather than the traditional Day After.

I’m not alone in breaking bad.

The Seer put her lights up last week and a few homes in the neighborhood already have their lawn displays out.

On another note, I ran into Assistant Manager’s husband. They are both fine, except he says his left side, from hip to ankle, aches a bit.

According to him, the accident was hit and run. 

He was in Los Angeles, someone ran into him and kept going.

I dunno about that.

I suppose someone could have hit him head on, but the front-end damage looks more like he did the running into.

At any rate, because of the extensive damage and no injuries, I said, “You’re very lucky”.

“Yes, God is good to me”, said he.

From what I know of him, that’s very true.

First, after being divorced from Assistant Manager, for how long I do not know, she took him back.

Shortly thereafter, he came down with an unknown, to us residents, debilitating illness that caused his body to shrink down to nothing. So weak and frail that, instructed to try to walk, it was difficult for him to do so. Whatever illness he had came close to taking his life altogether (per his wife, Assistant Manager).

It took a while, but he recovered from that and now, once again, looks healthy, strong, fit.

Now he's walked away from what looks to have been a pretty horrific accident.

Yes indeed, God has his back.

4 comments:

  1. you rebel you! ;-b
    you put up your decorations whenever you damn well please!
    and nothing wrong with the "15 items or fewer" line.

    have a quiet day tomorrow. it's just spouse and I and the 3 cats, just the way we like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your day. My Christmas lights are not working, so I may have to scrounge around tomorrow, find some place open that sells lights.

      Delete
  2. We have our groceries delivered and, while I am grateful for the service, I had second thoughts yesterday. They left out $35 worth of items, some I really needed to pull tomorrow off. Fortunately, they will give me a refund. On top of that, there's a water main break around the corner and they just shut off our water. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lousy timing on the water main break. I know some of the residents have groceries delivered and wondered how those worked out. Evidently, not always that great. Seems like they need some quality control on their end.

      Delete