Saturday, November 28, 2020

Checking In

The complex was spared the latest power shutoff, but I gotta tell you … the constant threats are draining and, with all the pandemic rules and regulations, I've had just about enough.

These outages and planned outages are beginning to read as just more bureaucratic bull manure, rather than necessary fire prevention measures.

At any rate, the wind is here to stay, so I guess the power company will soon be threatening us again.

Speaking of pandemic rules and regulations, we’re already under a curfew but, come Monday, we’ll also be under a Mandatory Stay At Home Order.

The curfew is not a problem for me. I’m always in by 4:00 — because that’s Judge Judy time and, no matter where I am, no matter what I’m doing, it’s imperative that I’m back at the complex in time for Judy.

Though I’m up around 6:30 a.m., I rarely head out for any reason until 11:00, so my days fit easily into curfew hours.

As for this Stay At Home Order — taking effect Monday, to remain in effect until the 21st of December, that may slow my roll because I might not be able to drive out of the area to mall walk.

We already have that mall by Krispy Kreme closed to walkers and fearing, come Monday, the mall by those fancy apartments will become closed to walkers, I suited up and drove over to complete my latest and last 5K of the year.


I’ve wanted to participate in this race for years — because participants dress up like Santa, and you long time readers know how I love cosplay.

What stopped me from registering before was the hassle of driving to San Diego, the luggage, a hotel, figuring out how to feed my sensitive gut. So, this opportunity to participate virtually was right up my alley.

I registered early, received my race package early and was waiting for December, as official race day doesn’t begin until December 1.

But, with this latest Stay at Home Order, I didn’t want to take any chances on not being able to drive out of the area and mall walk, so off I went.

The mall was crazy busy.

So crazy busy that you’d not even know we were in a pandemic.

Restaurants were doing a brisk business, there were lines outside HLM, Lululemon, et al., and there was so much traffic coming into the mall that security began blocking off the main streets and directing traffic.

Crowded sidewalks really slowed me down so, after initially forging my way through the throngs to see if a Christmas tree had been erected in it's usual place this year, I headed away from the crowds, to the farthest parking lots to walk and loop around the outside perimeter of the mall.



Before heading away from the throngs, I managed a few photos of mall decorations.




Later, at home, I dug into the swag bag and tried on the Santa beard and hat.


More appropriate Santa.



8 comments:

  1. When living in a red state but a blue county there is no stay at home order but there is a mask requirement for the county. And the county has early hour shut down for businesses. So the red people just go to neighboring counties that don't have shut downs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike that's why we have no mitigation of spread, the Covidiot Crowd just won't behave and are extending the misery for everyone... and risking lives. But you can't fix Stupid.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got your Mall Walk in, we can still do that here as they aren't as restrictive... yet... as Cali and some other States that have gotten spikes off the charts. Everywhere is spiking tho' and too many people still aren't behaving appropriately, so this Winter is going to be challenging to Stay Well and Be Safe Enough. Your Swag was Cute. I got to immerse myself in some Christmas Midweek while the Kiddos were on Fall Break and wanted to hit the Mall... it wasn't very busy so I did my Power Walk while the Kiddos did their Thing together, Timmy taking one for the Team being my Granddaughter's sidekick to cut me a break. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody better explain the pandemic to Rudolph before Christmas Eve. If he sees Santa in a mask, he may freak out and refuse to guide the sleigh that night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, but I have a suspicion that Rudolph will also be equipped with a mask.

      Delete