Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween 2020


That jack-o-lantern looks frightened.

I feel its fright.

Three days until Election Day and, as bad as this year has been, we’ve no idea if No 45, in a fit of anger, will push the red button to screw us over if he loses and/or how much worse things will get if he wins.

Many are on edge. Myself included.

Instead of training on Thursday of this week, I trained on Friday and would have worn a Halloween costume. Last year, I trained in my 2019 Batman 5k costume. However, because I’d planned to stop by the grocery store after, I dressed in regular workout gear, with the exception that I wore the top I plan to wear every time I go to the market.


No one said anything, but I caught a few amused understanding smiling eyes.

All I needed from the market was potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, gluten free pasta, ground turkey. But, when I saw others with overflowing carts, realizing they were preparing for the worst, I began to wonder if I shouldn’t also panic and prepare for the worst.

But I didn’t because, whichever way the wind blows, I don’t think things will go back to those first few months of the pandemic, when supplies were scarce and hard to get.

If I’m wrong, then oh well. At least I’ve got potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, gluten free pasta, ground turkey. LOL.

Though there hasn’t been much Halloween spirit around here, I’m not ready to put Halloween to bed at the stroke of midnight tonight.

I’m redoing my candy corn nails today and won’t be removing the candy corn doormat and door wreath until after Thanksgiving, when it’s time to put the Christmas stuff out.

After having enjoyed a month of old horror movies like Joan Crawford’s Berserk, The Bat, Wasp Woman, Billy the Kid vs. Dracula, Frankenstein, Frankenstein’s Revenge etc., I’ll now have to find something else to occupy my tv viewing time other than those dreaded holiday movies.

I actually love all the Food Network Holiday Competitions, but those sickly sweet Hallmark type movies make me ill, especially James Stewart’s “It’s a Wonderful Life”.

Billy the Kid vs. Dracula was a hoot!

The network really dug into the archives to pull out that 1966 “horror/western” starring John Carradine Sr.

Bless his heart, Carradine was so old and feeble that, when he stooped over to kidnap the girl from her bed, he almost dropped her.

And, instead of quickly fleeing, cape flying in the wind, girl in his arms, he drove off with her in a horse drawn buggy.

The part that really killed me was when bullets, of course, failed to stop Dracula, how Billy the Kid came up with the most ridiculous way of ending Dracula's reign of terror. So funny, though not meant to be funny, that you've got to see it.

 


5 comments:

  1. The orange buffon and his gang are still trying to mess with the election by trying to get mail in ballots thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. I can't believe all the tactics they're pulling to rig the election ... and getting away with it. How do these people live with themselves.

      Delete
  2. I went to the animal fair, The birds and the beasts were there, The big buffoon by the light of the moon was combing his messy hair, You ought to have seen the Trump, He sat on the elephant's rump, The elephant sneezed and fell on his knees, and what became of the Trump, the Trump, the Trump? We can only hope he gets blown away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's EXCELLENT! Now stuck in my head, I'm going to bounce around singing it all day.

      Delete
    2. Glad you like it. It popped into my head after he was elected in 2016 and it's still there.

      Delete