Sunday, October 4, 2020

Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Someone posted to facebook this morning that No. 45 was “not looking so hot”.

Seriously, when did he ever?

But anyway, fact or fiction, truth or lie, I’m over this interlude, want to get to the end of the movie. Before I moved on, however, I found a clever way to add my comment to the many others without saying a word.


Don’t you just love how it is that the uncaring things Mr. and Mrs. No. 45 sent out into the universe are coming back to haunt them — like the jacket Mrs. wore and how 45 is now catching so much crap for having made a big deal of Hilary’s pneumonia, as indication of her being weak as a candidate during the last election, when he himself is now supposedly hospitalized with Covid.

How interesting and ironic is all of this, but I’m tired of it and ready to move on with life.

Granddaughter called to see if I felt safe enough to do Thanksgiving at her place.

Good question.

She and her new hubby have bought a house already. So, instead of the gathering being at her mom’s place, Thanksgiving this year will be at granddaughter's new home. I could tell by the way she was speaking that she really wants me to show up.

It’s only a hour’s drive from here, so I can handle the drive up and back, won’t need a hotel and, since I declined the wedding, didn’t get to meet my new relatives on her husband’s side, it’s an opportunity to see and be seen.

After much discussion about her husband’s sister and her fiancé working from home, taking the pandemic seriously because the fiancé has MS; granddaughter’s husband also laying low because his dad had cancer a few years ago; one of my grandsons working in a hospital, checked regularly; another working at LAX, also checked regularly; Twin 2 safe to be around because she too is taking it seriously, that only leaves Twin 1, with her Skid Row activities, and the middle grandson, who doesn’t think Covid is real as the two wildcards.

Twin 1, though involved with the downtrodden and destitute of Skid Row, takes necessary precautions and, after I sent the wildcard grandson a message that his not thinking the pandemic is real, not being careful where he goes, not wearing a mask is putting the safety of others in jeopardy and that I thought he was an “asshole”, I don’t think he’ll test me by showing up not wearing a mask at Thanksgiving.

All things considered, I’ve decided to attend, especially since I asked, and granddaughter agreed, to get one of those temperature gadgets and take temps at the door — just like they do at the hair salon.

I won't be hugging anyone, no matter how great the temptation to do so. It'll be elbows and some distancing for me. And, if at any time I don’t feel comfortable, my attendance will be turned into a quick drop in and out.

Speaking of a picture being worth a thousand words, remember that old Willie Nelson country tune "Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys". Well, there's a new twist on that song and granddaughter posted a photo of  her tee with that twist.


I liked the twist so much that I scoured the net and found a more comfortable tank top version.


I don’t know how she managed to take a selfie and get all the words on the tee all in the same frame. Do I need a phone with a more expansive capture range? Do I need longer arms? Try as I might, I couldn’t manage it and had to end up with an almost full body shot with a selfie stick.

I’ll have to remember to ask how it’s done.

In response to Dkzody’s comment about the resident, standing outside the bank counting cash, having that cash snatched from her hands, as to the bank having a security guard on duty. Over in the vicinity the other day, I checked. Didn’t see one.

In response to JanF’s comment about the mystery death … if I ever found out what caused the unexpected death of the resident with the beautiful singing voice. I ran into The Baker at the market and totally forgot to ask. Lord knows when I’ll run into The Baker again.

And P.S. I just read 45 is out of the hospital already.

Dammit!

But such a quick recovery is all the more reason not to believe he ever had Covid.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. I too wonder if tRUMP having COVID is just a publicity stunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your granddaughter is a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She looks like her auntie, Twin 2, rather than like her mom Twin 1.

      Delete
  3. I think she was able to get the selfie shot with the words on because the words on her Tee are a lot closer together than are those on yours! Does she like to dress up the same way you do?
    What beautiful eyes she has, and it looks as if you both have very clear and lovely skin.
    I am glad you have decided to join them for the first Thanksgiving in their new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her skin is naturally clear. As for me, my skin is blemished by sun and high blood pressure but, fortunately, Estee Lauder products do a great job of coverage.

      Delete
  4. Love the T-Shirt's Message, the Kiddos are Selfie Masters, I can't replicate the Talent they exhibit getting angles and flawless Looks. Of coarse, us bodacious Gals need a wide angle lens for sure and we kind of give a Panoramic Mountainous view of any Message on our Chests. *Winks* I'm glad you accepted the Thanksgiving Invitation, it could be an enjoyable time around Family and getting to meet some of the new extended Family on her Husband's side. I never got to meet all of the Inlaws of The Son before their eventual break-up, it was a very large Family and Cambodian gatherings from what the G-Kid Force told me, when they attended, looked like the whole Country was in attendance. My DIL laughed at that analogy, because she said it's mostly true, when they hold Celebrations any Cambodian Family was more than Welcome to show up and be part of it. Your Granddaughter is a Beautiful Young Woman... Good Looks certainly run in your Family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about us bodacious girls needing a wide angle lens, someone should think about that in the next phone upgrade. I'm having second thoughts about Thanksgiving. I don't want to disappoint family, but I also don't have to deal with any ill consequences. I'm thinking thinking thinking. If I do attend, don't think I'll want to stay long in a confined space with others, family or not.

      Delete