Friday, October 2, 2020

The Bunker Boy Who Cried Wolf

Well, well, well.

Isn’t last night’s breaking news an interesting turn of events.

That is … if any of it is true and not just another of 45's machinations to garner sympathy votes, or his way of avoiding another debate, or some devious plan to postpone the election altogether.

Though I personally don’t believe it, just the thought that it might be true sent me to bed all energetic, some weight of the state our world off my shoulders, raring to get up early this morning, head out to complete the overdue OC Fair 5k.

I even set the alarm clock so as to be certain to get up early.

Of course, up at 6 with plans to be out the door by 7, though the motivation was still there, I just couldn’t make myself leave the comfort of my little unit.

Three half hour sessions in the Pain Cave isn’t going to cut it. I really need to log in some miles, BUT I’ve just gotten so unbelievably lazy.

So, today, instead of logging in miles, I logged on and spent the morning drinking coffee while watching the news and reading Facebook comments.


It chaps my hide when I hear the pundits say, “Putting party affiliations aside, we all want the president to be healthy and safe”.

Who is this “we” of whom they speak?

He’s a horrible human being and, party affiliation aside, if any of this is true, I do not wish him well at all.

To coin a phrase I saw on Facebook, “I have tested negative for sympathy”.

10 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! that last line says it all, shirley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From all the comments I'm seeing online, I'm not the only one to have tested negative.

      Delete
  2. Indeed, who is this 'we' of whom they speak? I can't be magnanimous and fake about pitying a Fool, Fools get people killed. If a Fool's demise is due to their own recklessness, when they've been adequately forewarned and refused to act responsibly, I can't feel Sorry for them or pretend they haven't done a public service by just getting out of the way of better/saner Leadership replacing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe he has Covid. He'll have to prove it to me by not recovering to the umpteenth degree, if you know what I mean. But, I'm interesting in seeing whether the anti-maskers now change their tune.

      Delete
  3. I like that last line. I've got to get that in my Saturday jokes, quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. I, in turn, am going to steal for facebook your "Trump's doctor is telling the public to prepare for the worst. A full recovery."

      Delete
  4. Since I don't believe a word the man says, I think this too is a lie. There is some hidden agenda here that will not play out well for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's probably sitting up in a pimped out room at Walter Reed's scoffing down McDonald's burgers, planning his next disruptive move.

      Delete
  5. I feel pity for the Dumb Cluck. Acc to the crawlers at the bottom of the TV screen, one of the Fox-Wannabe stations can't make up its mind whether he is "working in a suite at Walter Reed" or "resting comfortably" there. If it turns out he's infected Biden, my smidgen of pity for this so-called man will will immediately evaporate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Perish the thought that he's infected Biden or anyone else outside of his precious swamp.

      Delete