Thursday, October 8, 2020

That Fly Tho



There she goes, down the slot, my first time voting EVER!

I hope it helps the push towards a positive outcome, but I am in no way confident it will and that, instead, it’s more likely I’ve just wasted my time.

Trainer took his family to the San Diego Zoo over the weekend and says that, as they took a scenic route through neighborhoods ─ to see how the privileged live, they saw lawns plastered with 2020 signs pro No. 45.

And shockingly, as they prepared to enter the zoo itself, there was a huge 2020 banner, again pro No. 45, over the entrance.

It’s not that I don’t believe trainer, he has no reason to lie, but I found it so hard to believe the zoo would be so brazen that I went online to research and see a photo of said sign, but found nothing.

Oh well, one can only hope for the best on election day, but prepare oneself for the worse.

I, of course, did not watch last night’s debate. I’m finding it more informative and interesting to read the comments of others ABOUT the debates than to frustrate myself watching any one of ‘em.

I’m getting a kick out of what’s being posted about the appearance of a fly, starting off with these ....




Then came several references to flies loving turd.

The coup de gras has to be that a site allowing us to purchase souvenir fly swatters went live so quickly after the debate. 


I might grab a few for stocking stuffers.

So, anyway, that’s twice this year I came out of my “in the world but not of it” state of being and allowed myself to have a social conscious. First was when I completed the Census, now I’ve voted.

Hopefully that’s the end of it and I can go back to being somewhat detached from it all.

10 comments:

  1. This has got to be driving tRUMP nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had already voted and even if I hadn't my mind was made up. But I watched and glad I did so because ... fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still laughing as even more creative memes are made of the fly. Can't want to see how Saturday Night Live depicts it.

      Delete
  3. We too voted yesterday. The fly swatters sold out right away. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to watch the site to see if they restock so I can purchase stocking stuffers.

      Delete
  4. spouse & I mailed our ballots yesterday. your vote DOES make a difference, shirley! thank you (and shaq) for your first-time votes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was surprising when Shaq said he'd never voted before. Don't buy his reason for not doing so though, that he didn't understand the electoral college because .... who does, LOL. Bet he still probably doesn't understand or can explain what it does, except that it's their fault we got stuck with No. 45.

      Delete
  5. We voted. I am ready for a change and hope we get it.

    ReplyDelete