Monday, August 5, 2019

Took a Lickin, Still Ticking

Amazed am I that, after yesterday’s logging in of a total of 13,838 steps, 6.4 miles, I was able to get my poor tired body out of bed this morning. Everything hurts ─ back, knees, hips, head.
Today is a session with the Trainer. I’ll be showing up smelling like pain patches/pain lotions, and asking him to go easy on me.
I really pushed myself at yesterday's OC Fair 5, crossing the finish line in 00:58:49.


And yes … that is the one and only BATMAN starting us off.


Race Stats indicate I was the 1,770th participant to cross the finish line out of 2,613, the 988th female of 1,539 and, of the 9 females in my age group (75 through 99), I finished 4th.
Needless to say, with a 00:58:49 finish, I did not detour to any of the so-called fun events ─ Basketball Toss, Break the Plates, Jammin’ at the Pacific Amphitheatre. The detours reminded me of the simplistic games from childhood visits to the Pike at the Beach, which were fun then because those games were all we knew, all we had. None of it looked like much fun to me now, so I kept going.
I did, however, manage to take a few pics along the way. Surprisingly, not many wore themed costumes.

Body Suit

Home Crafted

Also Home Crafted

Not a costume, but photo worthy

Cat Lady

Also not a costume, but ..... Cowboy Fries/Piggy Fries???

Socks

Not sure if this is a butterfly or fairy, but wrong theme.


Also not in theme, but decided to photograph so I could copy this style if/when I go to another luau.


Found it interesting that the calico theme was pretty much consistent throughout the areas the course took us through. Like the outside of some of the buildings were painted white with black spots, same with the trash cans, and even the table areas were calico themed.


The many cows along the course were themed.




Oops! This one's real.

Not themed, but Piggy Backed.


Also real were the horses, and man did that area of the course stink. I had to hold my nose.


The Old West section of the course was picture worthy.

Saddles

Who's that photobombing the cowboy?

After all was said and done, I got another bib and medal for the wall, another tee for the quilt I keep telling myself I’ll get around to making and, though I'm struggling to move today, had a great time.

7 comments:

  1. Having fun--that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun it was and, now that my body has recovered, I'm itching to do the Fair again next year.

      Delete
  2. You did good, congratulations! Looked like a Fun filled Event and of the incredible 9, I wonder how many were closer to 99? At one of the Hospitals in the Valley there was a 99 Year Old Red Cross Volunteer that worked with the Cardiac Patients in the Gym after their bypass surgeries, she was AMAZING and nobody could keep up with her! The Man had a double bypass at the time and was in his 50's back then and couldn't keep up with her and he's an Old Special Forces Marine! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also was curious to know the age of the other 9, but no way to tell without scrolling through close to 3,000 names. At any rate, if age 99 is the cutoff, they'll have to open up another category if I live to 100 and I'm still doing 5Ks. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Your own version of the grass skirt was far better, but of course this one needed to be short so she could run in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great. Bravo. G and I have discovered that CBD oil helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete